Graham Taylor

Anything sportlike
kevin04

Graham Taylor

Post by kevin04 »

Just watching some videos of him, and by christ, what a gent he was.

He should still be on TV/Radio talking about the guy, but this especially took my heart. Right in the middle of USA 94 he goes on basically Norton and starts joking about Gazza, qualifying, and comes out the other end.

phpBB [video]

Not to mention, what a brilliant human being. A great pundit as well. I know we all go bit mad when someone dies, and I love seeing England lose of course I do ; but I'd wish Graham was still around, RIP top man.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Lychees

Re: Graham Taylor

Post by Lychees »

kevin04 wrote:Just watching some videos of him, and by christ, what a gent he was.

He should still be on TV/Radio talking about the guy, but this especially took my heart. Right in the middle of USA 94 he goes on basically Norton and starts joking about Gazza, qualifying, and comes out the other end.

phpBB [video]

Not to mention, what a brilliant human being. A great pundit as well. I know we all go bit mad when someone dies, and I love seeing England lose of course I do ; but I'd wish Graham was still around, RIP top man.
+1

Great video and thanks for uploading it on here.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I met Taylor in around 2002 when he was Villa manager. He came to my school and handed out awards to us. A first class man.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

Zippy wrote:I met Taylor in around 2002 when he was Villa manager. He came to my school and handed out awards to us. A first class man.
+1

I watched Do I Not Like That last week for first time in decades and what was so noticeable was the appalling performances or rather the lack of any decent performances by some of the players.

Apart from the games against Turkey, Paul Gascoigne was extremely poor. is overall play was not too different from his days at Middlesbrough... Kept losing the ball, giving the ball away, pathetic corner taking etc. I thought Graham Taylor stayed too loyal to Des Walker and John Barnes who's performances against Poland away and in the case of Walker in the game in Oslo was probably the worst ever I've seen in a very long time.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Always got Graham Taylor and David Pleat mixed up as co-commentator.

RIP Graham.
Dieu Le Roi.