Blatant BBC Propoganda

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Blatant BBC Propoganda

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:Even the BBC might have a few questions to answer if they had a political popularity contest by putting Lady Gaga on QT. But they seem to be already pushing the boundaries along those lines with some of their guests.

Strangely, all of these freaks seem orientated towards Labour.
We can't all be perfect human specimens like Paul Nuttalls & Nigel Farage.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Anjem Choudary is (was :) ) good for ratings which is why he was in the media so often.

It's as simple as that - and a simple formula which all media organisations work to.

Ralph. You need to learn how to concede an argument when you're thrashing about in desperation.

If it ever gets too bad, come and join us over here on the right like millions of others. We don't have that problem :D
Exactly. It makes sense that people want to watch political "heavyweights" and not someone they've never heard of.

Boris Johnson is another one. Like him or not he gets an audience. It's not exactly rocket science. Corbyn as well, if only for the laughs it provides.
Political heavyweights like Russell Brand?
As m4rkb pointed out they have people like him to attract a different audience. And he was heavyweight enough to get time with Miliband wasn't he. Do you have any comment re: the increase in audience numbers for Brand and Farage?
Russell Brand is not a political heavyweight. He is/was popular.

If it's all about ratings why isn't he on as often as Farage? I guarantee he brought in more new viewers to that Question Time 'clash' than Farage.

George Galloway used to claim that the Question Time audience went up when he was on. Why does he not get invited on as often as Farage? There are lots of people who they could invite on once a month if ratings were the only thing that mattered but choose not to.
I did not say Brand was a political heavyweight. I jokingly referred to his meeting with Mister Ed. Brand was in the spotlight for a time and was seen as a way of trying to get younger people interested in politics. His clash was seen as a way of increasing ratings and it worked; simple as that.

I did not say the show is all about ratings, but they are a factor. If they just picked people for figures the show would lose credibility completely. I said that Farage is seen as popular, that is why he is on QT fairly often. The spike in figures for the show with Brand shows that people want to see that type of thing, rather than a panel of nobodies.

As for Galloway, I do not know why he has not been on there as often as Nigel Farage. Perhaps you can check with them.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Anjem Choudary is (was :) ) good for ratings which is why he was in the media so often.

It's as simple as that - and a simple formula which all media organisations work to.

Ralph. You need to learn how to concede an argument when you're thrashing about in desperation.

If it ever gets too bad, come and join us over here on the right like millions of others. We don't have that problem :D
Exactly. It makes sense that people want to watch political "heavyweights" and not someone they've never heard of.

Boris Johnson is another one. Like him or not he gets an audience. It's not exactly rocket science. Corbyn as well, if only for the laughs it provides.
Political heavyweights like Russell Brand?
As m4rkb pointed out they have people like him to attract a different audience. And he was heavyweight enough to get time with Miliband wasn't he. Do you have any comment re: the increase in audience numbers for Brand and Farage?
Russell Brand is not a political heavyweight. He is/was popular.

If it's all about ratings why isn't he on as often as Farage? I guarantee he brought in more new viewers to that Question Time 'clash' than Farage.

George Galloway used to claim that the Question Time audience went up when he was on. Why does he not get invited on as often as Farage? There are lots of people who they could invite on once a month if ratings were the only thing that mattered but choose not to.
I did not say Brand was a political heavyweight. I jokingly referred to his meeting with Mister Ed. Brand was in the spotlight for a time and was seen as a way of trying to get younger people interested in politics. His clash was seen as a way of increasing ratings and it worked; simple as that.

I did not say the show is all about ratings, but they are a factor. If they just picked people for figures the show would lose credibility completely. I said that Farage is seen as popular, that is why he is on QT fairly often. The spike in figures for the show with Brand shows that people want to see that type of thing, rather than a panel of nobodies.

As for Galloway, I do not know why he has not been on there as often as Nigel Farage. Perhaps you can check with them.
There's a more obvious explanation (imo) why Farage is on Question Time so often & ratings have nothing to do with it. But tomorrow now.