7 days - No Food

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
caveman

7 days - No Food

Post by caveman »

This year I have been doing intermittent fasting where for a few days a week I eat one meal a day. The results have been great for weight loss

I then tried a prolonged fast where I did not eat for three days. Again results were good.

Today I start a 7 day prolonged fast. 7 days no food.

Not doing it for religious reasons. Doing it as I am a fat git. Not sure if I can last that long but I think I can.

henrycrs

Re: 7 days - No Food

Post by henrycrs »

Christ sounds savage, what are you allowed? Just water?

What sort of weight have you lost per stint?

caveman

Post by caveman »

One meal a day I lost 7 lbs in a week. my meal was fairly healthy. Not eating for 3 days I lost 5lbs. However I have a lot of weight to get rid of so some of that will have been water weight.

For the 7 days people say just water but as I need to work and I know what I am like I am going to have black coffee and green tea for a caffeine boost.

I found the not eating for 3 days easier than one meal a day.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Also going to make sure I go to the gym or have a swim each day.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

A week without scran is not a great idea, Cave-o. At the very least you could bugger your immune system about.
The 24hr fast every so often isn't a bad thing though. I used to do it myself back when I was a hell of a lot fitter than I am now and used to feel great at the end of it. Not sure if it makes any difference to weight but it really used to heighten the senses. Always took lots of fluid though.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

paolo

Post by paolo »

having read this, i might go for the gastric band!
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

caveman

Post by caveman »

No where near the point where I need a gastric band.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

After reading this thread today ,I'll think I'll go for a double portion of chips hopefully with batter bits .
May pad it out with a couple of rounds of bread and butter.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Basualdo wrote:A week without scran is not a great idea, Cave-o. At the very least you could bugger your immune system about.
The 24hr fast every so often isn't a bad thing though. I used to do it myself back when I was a hell of a lot fitter than I am now and used to feel great at the end of it. Not sure if it makes any difference to weight but it really used to heighten the senses. Always took lots of fluid though.

Done stacks and stacks of research on it so decided I am going to go for it.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

caveman wrote:
Basualdo wrote:A week without scran is not a great idea, Cave-o. At the very least you could bugger your immune system about.

Done stacks and stacks of research on it so decided I am going to go for it.

Best of luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

It’s interesting, the 5/2 diet or whatever it was (600 calories a day) worked for a couple of people i know

Just wonder how you would feel at the gym etc with so little food

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Get a grip mate. 5 days of fasting I sort of get. 7 days? Fuck sake, what's that? The Auschwitz-Birkenau diet plan? Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

My personal diet plan is: 6 wanks per week, 2x 45 minute walks a day (to the offy and back via the beach), a good healthly shit every 24hrs, plenty of broccoli, kale, spinnach and no bread under any circumstance. 27 cans of Polish lager per week. Plenty of tap water. I'm as fit as a fucking flea and have lovely curly hair. In all honesty, all joking apart ... it's all in the genes. Thankfully I've been blessed in that department. I say thankfully, but I think I may live to 105. No cunt wants that. I'm cursed in that way.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

No food for seven days could cause a problem. You will lose weight but what will it do to your basic strength and stamina.
In hospital I had 14 days with no food and only sips of water. I lost 20pounds. The trouble was that although I ate for the last two days I was so weak that when discharged I couldn't walk to the lift and then the door without stopping for a rest.
Given that experience I wouldn't recommend total, long-term fasting.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

5-2 or 4-3 is good. 7-0 can be risky. Much better to get the weight off slowly, eat less, move more.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote: move more.

LOL. The publishing industry would die if it was honest. Imagine a two-word diet book entitled 'Move More'. You're spot-on. Eat Less, Move More. Fucking hell. I'm starting to think people get-off on being verbally abused regarding their dietary habits.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.