Eye tests

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Eye tests

Post by theleader82 »

I went to the opticians a couple of weeks ago for a routine eye test. They said my sight had improved slightly so they changed my prescription .ive been wearing my new specs a couple of days but imnot sure if they’re right . I don’t know if it’s bwcause they’re new or because I was so used to the old ones. I find it odd that my sight has improved
Man U and rangers

Zambo

Re: Eye tests

Post by Zambo »

theleader82 wrote:I went to the opticians a couple of weeks ago for a routine eye test. They said my sight had improved slightly so they changed my prescription .ive been wearing my new specs a couple of days but im not sure if they’re right . I don’t know if it’s because they’re new or because I was so used to the old ones. I find it odd that my sight has improved

I'd go back and ask for another test and check the prescription. Your eyes can take a little while to get used to a new one, but after a couple of days, I'd get it checked. You don't say where you went, but many High St opticians are feeling the pinch from the likes of Specsavers and Vision Express, and at a guess, I would say they are recommending new lenses for customers who's eyes may have changed a fraction but not really enough to warrant new ones.

I know people who have had their eye tests fucked up by Specsavers.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zambo wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I went to the opticians a couple of weeks ago for a routine eye test. They said my sight had improved slightly so they changed my prescription .ive been wearing my new specs a couple of days but im not sure if they’re right . I don’t know if it’s because they’re new or because I was so used to the old ones. I find it odd that my sight has improved

I'd go back and ask for another test and check the prescription. Your eyes can take a little while to get used to a new one, but after a couple of days, I'd get it checked. You don't say where you went, but many High St opticians are feeling the pinch from the likes of Specsavers and Vision Express, and at a guess, I would say they are recommending new lenses for customers who's eyes may have changed a fraction but not really enough to warrant new ones.

I know people who have had their eye tests fucked up by Specsavers.

And Boots.

Me

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I went to boots . Never had a problem before.
Man U and rangers

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

theleader82 wrote:I went to boots . Never had a problem before.

They royally fucked up my prescription about 10 years ago. I think they actually got the eye test right but somehow ballsed up the prescription.

Either way, I couldn't see out of the bloody things. Boots replaced them FOC with a pair with the right prescription.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Went to Specsavers months ago for my eye test and found they were just on the make. Tried to upsell a variety of frames that would cost me north of £200.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I have had recent issues with Specsavers, [seven weeks and they still hadn't delivered the glasses, so I cancelled] but about five years ago when I went there to be tested, the optician said I didn't need a new prescription but she had found a problem and had referred me to the eye hospital, where I now go every 6 months.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

kancutlawns wrote:Went to Specsavers months ago for my eye test and found they were just on the make. Tried to upsell a variety of frames that would cost me north of £200.

MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Was struggling to read small type, Went to Vision Express got the Test, Yep you need Glasses. Recommended a pair £175. wEnt to ThE AMZON shop Gita prayer fRor $8 brilliant,fruck them cunts off, and A frea axe. gWood deal

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Thinking about having my eyes tested, not had them done since I was a youngster many moons ago.

How much does it cost or can I have them tested NHS style?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Octavio wrote:Thinking about having my eyes tested, not had them done since I was a youngster many moons ago.

Depends where you go, Octavio. Normally the cost would be between £20 to £25.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Octavio wrote:Thinking about having my eyes tested, not had them done since I was a youngster many moons ago.

Depends where you go, Octavio. Normally the cost would be between £20 to £25.

Cheers Steve

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The only way your eyesight can improve is if you have a massive brain tumour pressing against your optic nerve. I'd suggest a cat-scan immediately. I fear the worst frankly.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:I went to the opticians a couple of weeks ago for a routine eye test. They said my sight had improved slightly so they changed my prescription .ive been wearing my new specs a couple of days but imnot sure if they’re right . I don’t know if it’s bwcause they’re new or because I was so used to the old ones. I find it odd that my sight has improved

I had an eye test last weekend and my prescription has gone from -1.5 to -0.75.
The optician said it is unusual but not unheard of.

The shape of the eyeball changes over the years and the muscles can change, too (hence the need for reading glasses).
I'm lucky that I can still focus at a pretty close distance (Mrs Subsub can't any more, for instance).

Nothing to worry about, lead-o :)
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

pugsly wrote:Was struggling to read small type, Went to Vision Express got the Test, Yep you need Glasses. Recommended a pair £175. wEnt to ThE AMZON shop Gita prayer fRor $8 brilliant,fruck them cunts off, and A frea axe. gWood deal

:lol:
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN