Car accident - who's liable

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Re: Car accident - who's liable

Post by theleader82 »

Apparently can buy a new bumper on eBay and I know a guy who will fit it for me. It doesn't look too bad so I'll leave it for now. I've offered to pay for her damage . I don't want to get insurers involved, I already pay a lot as I doa high mileage.
Man U and rangers

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

So you drove straight into this poor wee lassie whilst posting controversial topics on talkFORUM and now you want it to go away with a nifty, a bunch of daffs and a cut-n-shut stitch job?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

theleader82 wrote:Apparently can buy a new bumper on eBay and I know a guy who will fit it for me. It doesn't look too bad so I'll leave it for now. I've offered to pay for her damage . I don't want to get insurers involved, I already pay a lot as I doa high mileage.

Well the bad news is you're supposed to tell your insurer anyway, and paying out is an admission of being at fault.

On reflection you're best bet would have been to exchange details, admit no liability and then go round to the address you were given on the night and set fire to the other car.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Even better, wait until the bloke gets in the car and then burn it. It's your word against nobody's then.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

True story.

A few years ago i had a VERY minor ding, resulting in a two inch square paint chip and no actual damage to the other car, we exchanged details and while this was happening he kept going on about how his car was a limited edition and he'd always looked after it........

Thinking he was going to cause me a problem, and bearing in mind his car was white, as i now had his address i hatched a plan to sneak round his house, re spray the small bit of missing paint, then claim i had never met the guy.

Luckily i never heard anything about it anyway, and operation paintjob was cancelled.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."