My Mum Just Died

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
tennisman

Re: My Mum Just Died

Post by tennisman »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Thank you tennisman. And will never forget your kindness and words. It has helped me a lot. Worst time of all is in the morning, because a Mum became more vulnerable, and before the 'care home'--she would phone me religiously at 8am. And then there are dreams in which Mum always appears. Which I know is inevitable. Awful dream last night. When she was dying in Scunthorpe General..when I took a break to have a vape outside the main entrance--there was a recorded message ---it was the voice of a boy asking people not to smoke..'This is a smoke free Hospital...' In the dream I was in the Chapel of Rest looking for Mum's body and I saw the boy in a recording booth speaking those words. So disturbing, I had to get out of bed and make myself a cup of strong tea. Although stronger would have been better. I suppose it's just all got to get out...one way or another. Dreams do help. Thanks for your help my friend. And I know how hard it will be for you in the next two weeks. .

Yes, dreams play a key part in sorting out the rationality and emotional side of it all.

The good thing about the bad ones is at least, that you wake up and reach for the kettle!!!

My dad died way back in 1974 on January 25th.

For years, that day / date was a vivid recreation of him and his memory.

But as time passed, that intensity softened.

This January 25th went by without me even thinking of him.

But he is never forgotten and when we inter Mum's ashes with him, on her birthday down in the beauty of West Wales (Barmouth area) in mid June, the tribute to both will be complete.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Top man, Tennisman.

God bless you and good ol' Horse too - hope you are keeping OK.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Best wishes to all forummers who’ve lost a parent, sibling, family member. I suppose that’s all the best to everybody here, but in particular the Horse as his recent loss is clearly extremely distressing. Chin up.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

Thanks Kevin and Eddie. Funeral order of service is sorted. Mum was a huge Andy Williams fan---she went to see him in the mid 70s in her prime...in Leeds. She met him backstage thanks to a friend of one of his entourage. We have Moon River, The Way We Were and Solitaire as the songs. My Eulogy comes after the introduction. We expect about 80 people. Why am I looking forward to it? Jeez.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Sorry to read this Horse. The woman who half raised me died last year. It is tough at times. Try not to let anger cloud things when it comes. Know she is at peace. We all get tired dude. Maybe your mum was to tired and it was time.

Thoughts and pray will be with you along the way.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Why am I looking forward to it? Jeez.

All will make sense in time My Horse. Chin up old chap.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

kevin04 wrote:Top man, Tennisman.

God bless you and good ol' Horse too - hope you are keeping OK.

Thanks Kevin.

I'm fine but from the start of my comments on here, am still close enough to what happened last year to feel for Horse and what he must be going through, so thought I'd share them :)

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Thanks to Rossco and Ghost. Much appreciated. Tennisman's support has been fantastic. Often visit here just to read him and gather myself in..Image

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

The above is me btw...with Mum...looking like i know the future--and how shite it will be.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:The above is me btw...with Mum...looking like i know the future--and how shite it will be.

Have to agree Horse. The future is shit. Especially for senstive souls, for creative people who have empathy. It's far better to be a hard thick bastard. My old mum always says: Where there's no sense there's no feeling.

All I can say is: FUCK 'EM.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Look at my baby face carc...it's all there. I know. I already know. Jesus. :(:(

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Look at my baby face carc...it's all there. I know. I already know. Jesus. :(:(

It's a nice photo. Mum looks quite stylish. Nice frock. All babies look the same to me tbh, fucking ugly. Buy yes, you do look 'youthful'.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

A beautiful pic Horse !
Hey listen the sadness (and sorry for your loss) and despair can be your biggest assets in a going forward type of way. That's what life is all about end of the day .. you can find a way fella !

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

You look like Winston Churchill, Horse.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Ha ha ..just missing the cigar.