Xmas traditions

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
caveman

Re: Xmas traditions

Post by caveman »

We have a tradition of watching a horror / inappropriate film on Christmas day. A few years a go myself, parents, gran, aunt and uncle some how ended up viewing the Exorcist on Christmas day.

The following year myself, wife, my parents, aunt uncle and a couple of cousins decided to watch A Clockwork Orange, following year it was Blue Velvet and this year Leaving Las Vegas

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Us blase's have a tradition that dates back to the dawn of pre history ( well, 1972 ish ) of buying a jar of piccalily in december specially for xmas, that nobody likes or eats, leaving it at the back of a cupboard until the next december when it is thrown out and a new one bought!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

beingsoblase wrote:Us blase's have a tradition that dates back to the dawn of pre history ( well, 1972 ish ) of buying a jar of piccalily in december specially for xmas, that nobody likes or eats, leaving it at the back of a cupboard until the next december when it is thrown out and a new one bought!

Jesus, what a piccalilly circus!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Basualdo wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:Us blase's have a tradition that dates back to the dawn of pre history ( well, 1972 ish ) of buying a jar of piccalily in december specially for xmas, that nobody likes or eats, leaving it at the back of a cupboard until the next december when it is thrown out and a new one bought!

Jesus, what a piccalilly circus!

:lol: i'm nicking that for use at xmas '18!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Still have a jar of Picalli bought in 2007. The mince pies are still in the house. Got 3 Christmas puddings, the newest one
is Best Before April 2017.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Ah, piccalilli!
Happy days, when there was a pickle factory up the road from where I lived.
You could tell what was being prepared any day, by the aromas drifting across the area. Piccalilli days were the most obvious.
The pickle peelers were all women and locals avoided catching the bus at the times they finished work, as they carried the scent of their work with them.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Well I broke four decades of tradition and had some piccalilli on a cheese sandwich.

IT WAS GREAT!!