Good Food

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Good Food

Post by Carlos J »

Eaststand wrote:Try it, you might like it, CJ. Live dangerously

:) Peanut butter, the smell makes me retch and I've smelt all kind of stuff, not saying as a food thread but you can guess.

Marmite is not marmite to me, so your advertising is wrong, people, just a bit hmm, not meh as never use that word.

As to WarmL, will try his Eggs Benedict on crumpets.

Random tale. One of my mates called Ben, always assumed a Benjamin, only when Pope Benedict err poped up found out he was a Benedict. :?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

Robert Heenan wrote:Alex

I love my steaks medium well done and funny enough mashed potatoes, mushy peas, steak and gravy is one of my favourites. Never knew it was a kinda Crewe specialty

Robert, let's put it like this, my wife is from Manchester and to her the idea of steak and gravy is vile and should be made illegal, all her Manc family feel the same, yet these are the same people, along with most Lancastrians that eat weird shite like Butter Pies!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Butter pies.

Ran a pub in Bolton for a bit, tried em a few times, possibly the blades thing I've ever eaten.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Carlos J wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Try it, you might like it, CJ. Live dangerously

:) Peanut butter, the smell makes me retch and I've smelt all kind of stuff, not saying as a food thread but you can guess.

Marmite is not marmite to me, so your advertising is wrong, people, just a bit hmm, not meh as never use that word.

As to WarmL, will try his Eggs Benedict on crumpets.

Random tale. One of my mates called Ben, always assumed a Benjamin, only when Pope Benedict err poped up found out he was a Benedict. :?
I bet Benedict will become quite the popular name in the coming years after Bumperstamp Cabbagepatch's runaway success with Sherlock and appearing in every single dogshit superhero movie ever.

Build Back More Betterer

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I make you right, Landlord. As per and as a Sherlockian, do like his shows, superhero movies thataway. :arrow: But also as per Gattiss and Moffatt do fuck it up and not better than the first series.

And err food.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Alex_1971 wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:Alex

I love my steaks medium well done and funny enough mashed potatoes, mushy peas, steak and gravy is one of my favourites. Never knew it was a kinda Crewe specialty

Robert, let's put it like this, my wife is from Manchester and to her the idea of steak and gravy is vile and should be made illegal, all her Manc family feel the same, yet these are the same people, along with most Lancastrians that eat weird shite like Butter Pies!

Ive seen butter pies about but never tried em as they've never appealed to me.

FAO Eaststand - a favourite amongst folks in Wigan and Bolton is pastie in a butty. Never tried it myself but its a specialty

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Wouldn't normally have steak and gravy, but have other meats with mash and peas and gravy so why not. Never had chips and gravy till moved to Nottm, bewtiful, Mike.

Though if any of you northerners above and Landlord darn sarf, like steak, when in that London going to Flat Iron Steakhouse: https://flatironsteak.co.uk/

Mostly go to the Shoreditch one as near Liverpool St. No booking, if no table free will take your number so can wander off and text you when table free. Bewtiful steaks, though medium rare may not be for some, other special meats cooked over a fire and proper chips cooked in dripping.* Delicious and cheap for that London:

*Love when going back to mamas, she still has an old chip pan and cooks then in lard. Proper, beautiful chips and a couple of fried eggs for her favourite son. :)

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote:Wouldn't normally have steak and gravy, but have other meats with mash and peas and gravy so why not. Never had chips and gravy till moved to Nottm, bewtiful, Mike.

Though if any of you northerners above and Landlord darn sarf, like steak, when in that London going to Flat Iron Steakhouse: https://flatironsteak.co.uk/

Mostly go to the Shoreditch one as near Liverpool St. No booking, if no table free will take your number so can wander off and text you when table free. Bewtiful steaks, though medium rare may not be for some, other special meats cooked over a fire and proper chips cooked in dripping.* Delicious and cheap for that London:

*Love when going back to mamas, she still has an old chip pan and cooks then in lard. Proper, beautiful chips and a couple of fried eggs for her favourite son. :)

And when your brother isnt visiting what does she make?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah flat iron is fucking mint. Took the staff out to the Covent garden one for Xmas last year.

Build Back More Betterer

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

Another one that I have seen eye's rolled at is a gammon steak with gravy, I wouldn't say that's a Crewe thing more a me thing, most people I have mentioned this combo to think it's vile.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Top man and top boss, Landlord, great places and yeah, Alex. :roll:
Basualdo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Wouldn't normally have steak and gravy, but have other meats with mash and peas and gravy so why not. Never had chips and gravy till moved to Nottm, bewtiful, Mike.

And when your brother isnt visiting what does she make?

Bread and milk. :( Though also very nice. :)

The End

Post by The End »

Carlos J wrote:Image

Why are the prices in decimals with no pound sign?

I mean, yes, I do know why. But whyyyy?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The End wrote:

Upper class eating institutions tend to do this. It's probably because it looks more quirky and traditional, I really don't know.

The End

Post by The End »

kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:

Upper class eating institutions tend to do this. It's probably because it looks more quirky and traditional, I really don't know.

It is wrong is what it is. There is no such price as 2.5
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed. But the food is lovely though.