Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Re: Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Post by LaaLaa »

Well done Sub, down to the wire.
Petingo you got 3 today, what happens, didn't throw the match did you? :shock:

I got 6th and 2 daily wins, so I'm happy with that. :D
I really am a biatch

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

LaaLaa wrote:Well done Sub, down to the wire.
Petingo you got 3 today, what happens, didn't throw the match did you? :shock:

I got 6th and 2 daily wins, so I'm happy with that. :D

I did indeed, Laa.

I was sitting top this morning and it did not look right to me because this past week I was playing with an unfair advantage, ever since I spotted the anomaly that is the pattern.

Albeit I did nothing wrong and using that to my advantage would not have been "cheating"..... it would just nit be any fun nor given me a sense of achievement :)

It would not have been a valid victory in my eyes.

I toyed with the idea of not playing at all but decided to play and wanted to finish bottom so as not to screw up any other player's position today.

The Subster was a very worthy winner thus month :drinkers:

And well done to your good self for winning some daily games :)
Last edited by Petingo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:Well done, Sub... :)

Cheers, Pet, but bloody hell, what happened?

You always do well on Geography (10 in 30 or thereabouts), so I'd have to beat that to win, which I would have struggled to do.

Did you try out that same-answer theory?
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:

You always do well on Geography (10 in 30 or thereabouts), so I'd have to beat that to win, which I would have struggled to do.

See my reply to Laa :)

I could not in all conscience have denied you a very well deserved victory this money by going with the pattern today :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

See my reply to Laa :)

I could not in all conscience have denied you a very well deserved victory this money by going with the pattern today :drinkers:

Pet, you are a man of honour :prayer:
*raises glass of Cava to Ol' Pet*

I have to say, although I always forget to look for a pattern, if it does exist, it's something the folks in that there bailiwick do need to fix, because once people can exploit it, it will ruin the entire thing for everyone. Carlos, see to it immediately! :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Firstly, congrats, Sub. Secondly as per, the quiz as a race is not a quiz at all. Not sure the same in other games bar Fun Trivia Mix.

I played Geog as normal today and got 9 in 32, usual, could have been 6 or 10 depending on the question. Ol' Pet:
subsub wrote:

Cheers, Pet, but bloody hell, what happened? You always do well on Geography (10 in 30 or thereabouts), so I'd have to beat that to win, which I would have struggled to do.

Does not always do well on Geography, hence I am the self-styled 'King of Geography'. 8)

As per, if it is just in 'Fun Trivia', need a re-jig. If in all then Fun Trivia needs to sort their arse out. I am going to play August as normal, based on getting odd 6s and 10s from 20 to 50 seconds. I will and hope others do, play normally if they can, then go back and note where the answers were.

Note mine on Saturday went: 2,1 and then 2s. If can evidence this then will ask FunTrivia about it. Actually will now:
Hello funtrivia.

I am the admin of the talkFORUM Daily Quiz: http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=86496

Recently it has been noted by some of our users that answers to quiz questions are in a systematic order rather than a random order. This has mostly been noted on the 'Fun Trivia Mix' questions though we will monitor it on our other sections.

Once it was first noted, my 'Fun Trivia Mix' answers on Saturday July 29 ran answer 2, then 1, then all 2s. Others have experienced similar though in different orders but that is dependent on the first questions answer position.

Once this system is realised, the quiz ceases to become a quiz, it is merely 'fastest fingers first'.

The fact none of our quizzers noticed this before and our quiz has been running for many years achieving regular high scores against similarly sized quizzes suggests that maybe it is a new glitch or maybe we weren't the eagle eyed Action Men we thought we were.

Hoping you can shed some light on this as it effectively ends the element of a quiz. Thanks in advance

Regards

Carlos
talkFORUM Daily Quiz
Err, that's my best at 3am.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

That is a very good letter, CJ :)

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Carlos J wrote:
As per, if it is just in 'Fun Trivia', need a re-jig. If in all then Fun Trivia needs to sort their arse out. I am going to play August as normal, based on getting odd 6s and 10s from 20 to 50 seconds. I will and hope others do, play normally if they can, then go back and note where the answers were.

The problem is you cannot "un-know" or "un-see" things :(

I was nearly thinking of stepping aside this month pending a response from Fun Trivia.....but for all we know this situation might have always been the case and they would see no need to change owt :(

I will play anyway.....it only becomes an issue for me in the latter part of the month anyway, as I only get into drive mode then and start pursuing the leaders....early on I just play on phones or with a laptop on my knee in front of the TV and never worry too much so I have to look at the answers no matter what (I always look at the answers first anyway :rolleyes: ) and the pattern will not jump out the screen at me as it has done this past week.

We'll see how it goes anyway... :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Thanks for the compliment for the letter. ol' Pet. But I think I can play 'as usual' without being tempted to use the 'new formula'. As per one of your posts, it depends on getting the first question right for starters. Then, the second is a chucker, and back, that is I think how I've seen it. :(

I will play as per, others can play as hey want with the new information. But all I ask is for those to record it so we can get some err proper data to go back to Funtrivia with. Just a list of where the answeres were, as mine, 2, 1, and then all 2.

More interesting is the true details of the ol' Pet late-month offensive quiz technique, 'Drive mode'. Way more successful than the Everton winter offensive and very much an ol' Pet position of coming from behind for glory. :?

But as per, I'll play as always, others play as you want, but please note answers here and patterns. August may be a more experimental game.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Just played today and got 10 in 21, but the answers were scattered across the positions.
Qus 2-5 were all in the same slot, then it jumped all over the place - maybe they've sorted it already?
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I tried not to factor it, but it was there and got me a fucked time.

August 1st: First question 3, all the rest 4.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

First try in months and bottom of the heap, oh well :|
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

lasharoo wrote:First try in months and bottom of the heap, oh well :|
Don't panic mate, that was before I playedImage

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

henrycrs wrote:
lasharoo wrote:First try in months and bottom of the heap, oh well :|
Don't panic mate, that was before I playedImage

Hi five Henners
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:Just played today and got 10 in 21, but the answers were scattered across the positions.
Qus 2-5 were all in the same slot, then it jumped all over the place - maybe they've sorted it already?

Mine were all at the top but I tried to anchor myself by looking at the answers before answering :)