Holiday Thread

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
finchman

Re: Holiday Thread

Post by finchman »

Napoli at the weekend :D
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

finchman wrote:Billinge at the weekend :D

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Zambo wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Zambo wrote:Have finished with the US for the foreseeable. Nowt to do with the £ against the $, but many of the good places to go in the past have turned into shiteholes. It's not worth the money.

Love the States as a holiday location.

So much to see and do. Can understand why some locals don't bother with passports.

Haven't been for 7 years. Next time we go it'll be Florida and Disney but would love to do another road trip in and around Colorado, Wyoming, Dakota's and Montana.

Did a National Parks and Canyons tour a few years back which started in Colorado and we visited those States. If I went back it would be that sort of holiday. Have had enough of the major cities and towns.

Brilliant.
I spent a couple of weeks touring round Colorado with a short excursion into Utah and Arizona to visit Monument Valley. The National Parks are fantastic and unspoilt. I want to go back also, as there's so much there still to visit.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

VeritasVincit wrote:
Zambo wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Zambo wrote:Have finished with the US for the foreseeable. Nowt to do with the £ against the $, but many of the good places to go in the past have turned into shiteholes. It's not worth the money.

So much to see and do. Can understand why some locals don't bother with passports.

Haven't been for 7 years. Next time we go it'll be Florida and Disney but would love to do another road trip in and around Colorado, Wyoming, Dakota's and Montana.

Did a National Parks and Canyons tour a few years back which started in Colorado and we visited those States. If I went back it would be that sort of holiday. Have had enough of the major cities and towns.

Brilliant.
I spent a couple of weeks touring round Colorado with a short excursion into Utah and Arizona to visit Monument Valley. The National Parks are fantastic and unspoilt. I want to go back also, as there's so much there still to visit.

Google "the Death Valley Germans" for cautionary tale of unsuspecting and clueless foreign tourists let loose in the beauty of the north American wilderness for just a very short period of time.
No need for any Bubbas or Cletuses with their love of "purdy mouths" in this. Nature is much more cruel and efficient.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Basualdo wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:
Zambo wrote:
shabbado wrote:

Brilliant.

Google "the Death Valley Germans" for cautionary tale of unsuspecting and clueless foreign tourists let loose in the beauty of the north American wilderness for just a very short period of time.
No need for any Bubbas or Cletuses with their love of "purdy mouths" in this. Nature is much more cruel and efficient.

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/sear ... y-germans/

That was a great read.

Frightening just how easy it is for a situation to get totally out of hand. Not through a single catastrophic mistake but numerous smaller mistakes each one seemingly done to counter the previous mistake.

Another other examples of this type of thing?

There's one that i know of regarding two girls who went off trail in one of the South American jungles.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... bones.html
A joyless arsehole.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

shabbado wrote:
Menorca booked for later in the year.

Have fun, shabs.
Don't forget to send us a picImage

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Steve Hunt wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Menorca booked for later in the year.

Have fun, shabs.
Don't forget to send us a picImage

Cheers Steve!
A joyless arsehole.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Porto Santo in September.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

Soon be Ibiza time.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

mrGP wrote:Soon be Ibiza time.

jaysus how tinny will the line be from there?
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

4 days in Keswick. 17 degrees and glorious sunshine, yet 40mph winds at the top of the mountains. You can't beat it

And loads of real ale

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Top man, Henry. :drinkers:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Any chips?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

deisegirl wrote:
mrGP wrote:Soon be Ibiza time.

jaysus how tinny will the line be from there?

The tinny line will have a rest while I'm away :lol:

Chris

Post by Chris »

Nice to see my Holiday Thread is still going. 8)
Signature