Esoteric things you like...

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Bad Blue 2000

Esoteric things you like...

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Last edited by Bad Blue 2000 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

carcinogen

Re: Esoteric things you like...

Post by carcinogen »

The haunting note of the freight train as it passed through Columbus, Kansas and sounded its horn every morning at 5am and woke me up only for me to turn over in my slumber and resume my sleep.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Love it, Carc. Straight out of your avatar! Get that book penned.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

carcinogen wrote:The haunting note of the freight train as it passed through Columbus, Kansas and sounded its horn every morning at 5am and woke me up only for me to turn over in my slumber and resume my sleep.

The horn on trains in the US is so evocative.

My peers may remember Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" which had one track which was simply a recording at a railroad crossing, and had the horn sound of an approaching train, the warning bells on the crossing, and then the train going into the distance.

The conclusion of "Caroline, No" can seem bewildering, especially to first-time listeners. The sound of an oncoming train accompanied by barking dogs might be confusing in the moment, but as the train approaches and accelerates, the barking dogs chasing after it, the metaphor becomes clear: It represents the loss of innocence after your first heartbreak.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:The horn on trains in the US is so evocative.
Mrs S has an M3H Echo horn as her message tone. Bloody frightening when it goes off when you're not expecting it.

Hillman avenger

Shedboy wrote:
Mrs S has an M3H Echo horn as her message tone. Bloody frightening when it goes off when you're not expecting it.
Where can you get that?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Shedboy wrote:
Where can you get that?
It's on this website in the Nathan M Series section, Hillman. When you play the sounds on the site, there's a small download arrow on the right of the wee player (for want of a better description).

http://www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds.html?album=5

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Rain coming from the west sideways and imagining how bad it would be if the Isle of Ireland was not where to buffer it.

And if i stayed in Aberdeen and the wind is starts waffting from the Frords going right down though the sea and hitting (BANG!!).
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Laid in bed on a night and hearing the wind and rain
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Smelling my own farts underneath my duvet. Or more accurately wafting them out of their duvet lair and into the (now rapidly deteriorating) atmosphere of the bedroom and feeling smug and proud.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm getting a bit worried to be honest. My farts haven't smelt for years now even after a vinda. :?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Hillman avenger wrote:
carcinogen wrote:The haunting note of the freight train as it passed through Columbus, Kansas and sounded its horn every morning at 5am and woke me up only for me to turn over in my slumber and resume my sleep.

My peers may remember Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" which had one track which was simply a recording at a railroad crossing, and had the horn sound of an approaching train, the warning bells on the crossing, and then the train going into the distance.

The conclusion of "Caroline, No" can seem bewildering, especially to first-time listeners. The sound of an oncoming train accompanied by barking dogs might be confusing in the moment, but as the train approaches and accelerates, the barking dogs chasing after it, the metaphor becomes clear: It represents the loss of innocence after your first heartbreak.
Beach Boys 'Pet Sounds'

What's that???
A joyless arsehole.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

kevin04 wrote:Love it, Carc. Straight out of your avatar! Get that book penned.
This possibly worked better with his LAST avatar?
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

deisegirl wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Love it, Carc. Straight out of your avatar! Get that book penned.
This possibly worked better with his LAST avatar?
:)

Yes, very much so.

Bring back Buko, Carco!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Hillman avenger

shabbado wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

Beach Boys 'Pet Sounds'

What's that???
Are you serious?

Pet Sounds is one of the greatest albums. Produced in the same period as Sergeant Pepper. Masterminded by Brian Wilson. There was an excellent documentary about on the BBC classic albums series last year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds