Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Hubert Cumberdale

Re: Howard Hughes the unexplained

Post by Hubert Cumberdale »

I've listened to his poddy off and on. I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic though so after a few episodes of shadow people and lizard overlords I need a few weeks break from it.
[Insert pretentious quotation or facile nugget of wisdom here]

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Hubert Cumberdale wrote:I've listened to his poddy off and on. I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic though so after a few episodes of shadow people and lizard overlords I need a few weeks break from it.
Do you ever listen to the Skeptoid podcast?
Just ten minute deconstructions and attempted sceptical explanations of myths, urban legends, crank medicine, the paranormal, conspiracy theories and the like. There are literally hundreds of them so you can basically pick and choose those subjects dear to your heart.
Not always convincing in their debunking but most of the time they seem near the mark or bang on.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:
Hubert Cumberdale wrote:I've listened to his poddy off and on. I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic though so after a few episodes of shadow people and lizard overlords I need a few weeks break from it.
Just ten minute deconstructions and attempted sceptical explanations of myths, urban legends, crank medicine, the paranormal, conspiracy theories and the like. There are literally hundreds of them so you can basically pick and choose those subjects dear to your heart.
Not always convincing in their debunking but most of the time they seem near the mark or bang on.
I have to say that looks like a brilliant set of podcasts.

I'm waiting for one to crop up where they claim to be injecting dolphin DNA into humans to make them able to take in all these podcasts at ultrasound frequencies and data transfer rates of over a megabyte a second. It's on the way I promise.

I've honestly played a good few at over 1.4 times the proper speed just to gain time to cram in another.

Some mad cunt is working on this right now as there is a need.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
I have to say that looks like a brilliant set of podcasts.

I'm waiting for one to crop up where they claim to be injecting dolphin DNA into humans to make them able to take in all these podcasts at ultrasound frequencies and data transfer rates of over a megabyte a second. It's on the way I promise.

I've honestly played a good few at over 1.4 times the proper speed just to gain time to cram in another.

Some mad cunt is working on this right now as there is a need.

https://skeptoid.com/
I enjoy these podcasts immensely but I have to laugh as the fella who does them, Brian Dunning, who has done an excellent job of them for a decade - theres over 500 of them - often, quite rightly, rails about online and TV quack medicine cures and cons such as that Bible code bollocks and warns against buying anything from internet charlatans. But if you listen to his podcasts, like I do, in big swathes to fill time, you might notice that those from around 5 or 6 years ago are presented by a number of 'guest' presenters. The reason for this?
Brian Dunning was incarcerated after being found guilty on several US federal charges for online fraud. :lol:
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I don't give a fuck what he's been done for if his podcasts are any good.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

They are. Very. But when hes banging on about online charlatans, especially in the early ones before getting scooped, you give a wry smile.
Remember the Astonishing Legends pod asts I recommended a while ago? Well I sent them an email recommending a story they might like to cover and within a day I got a nice long personal reply back from the presenter Scot Philbrook which was unexpected and very nice.
Proud Gammon

Hubert Cumberdale

Post by Hubert Cumberdale »

Basualdo wrote:
Yes as a matter of fact. Skeptoid, Skepticule, Skeptics with a K, Be Reasonable, Skeptics Zone, Skeptics Guide to the Universe, Rationally Speaking, Skeptically Yours, Skepticality... I do the lot. When I think about it I'm slightly obsessed.

Long before podcasts existed I remember screaming at the radio when James Whale had David Icke or Derek Akura on and the bollocks they talk.

I was also surprised about Brian Dunning's conviction a few years back - none of the other podcasts made much of it really.
[Insert pretentious quotation or facile nugget of wisdom here]

paolo

Post by paolo »

heard the shadow people pod the other day.....you really have to sort the minimal wheat from the chaff with howard

i was expecting hank marvin to make an appearance
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

kingtutIII

Post by kingtutIII »

I am glad that HH will be on mainstream radio again. His podacasts can be total horse dung at times & with his shout outs which take forever the podcast can be a brain drain. I wish him all the best and I hope it can be as popular as it once was.

dingdongthewitchisdead

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

tuned into this show for the first time on sunday.was quite interesting until they repeated an interview they had done about 10 minutes earlier ? :rolleyes:
i never listen now .

Danabnormal

Post by Danabnormal »

There's some great output, in my opinion, on TalkRadio
Iain Lee,
Howard Hughes,
Alex Conran,
Just a pity they don't really advertise it more to get a greater audience.
Killing threads since day one!

Chris

Post by Chris »

As Iain Lee says, the show is total bullshit but perfect for late Sunday nights. I've no interest in mediums, astrologers, alien abduction or the latest research findings from NASA. What I enjoy are the ghost stories. Listening to someone tell a good ghost story late at night can be eerily enjoyable.
Signature