Saggers

Talksport - the main station discussion place
EddieCheddar

Re: Saggers

Post by EddieCheddar »

Give them a break TM as they must have a daunting 30 minutes genuine airtime to fill after the ad breaks, shitty trailers, news, sport reports and betting promos.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

tennisman wrote:Another report from Nigel Adderley on the England team;

Then they'll have their evening meal and talking will be allowed and ketchup applied.

TALKING? I think not! Talking, as in actual conversation, is Kryptonite to those thickos.

Here's the Spaniards, practicing passing to someone on the same team ...
and here's the Argentines, practicing their defending ...
and here's the Germans, practicing for the penalty shoot-out ...

and here's England, honing their banter, their goal-celebrations, and their complicated handshakes.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

They are thickos, though. That's why we sail through qualification, but struggle in tournaments.
Qualification is three days away from home; one day going, one day there and one day returning. The Tournament, however, is weeks away from home, where they have to rely on their own devices, of which there are none. Imagine any of that lot sitting down with a book, or visiting the local Art Galleries, or places of historical interest. Fucking hell, when they were in South Africa they went playing golf, rather than visit Mandela's cell on Robben Island. They have no life outside the narrow confines of kicking a ball around, and we're DOOMED!

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

JimmyDee wrote:They are thickos, though. That's why we sail through qualification, but struggle in tournaments.
Qualification is three days away from home; one day going, one day there and one day returning. The Tournament, however, is weeks away from home, where they have to rely on their own devices, of which there are none. Imagine any of that lot sitting down with a book, or visiting the local Art Galleries, or places of historical interest. Fucking hell, when they were in South Africa they went playing golf, rather than visit Mandela's cell on Robben Island. They have no life outside the narrow confines of kicking a ball around, and we're DOOMED!

We're DOOMED, Captain Mainwaring, we're DOOMED'.

Pitches for the training ground BUILT SPECIALLY FOR THEM, imported from Scotland. WTF???

What next - toilet paper flown in from UK CostCo 'cos its the softest?

PS Thank god the Spanish FA's President had his ego bruised sufficiently to sack their coach. At least that story will keep the focus off England for a bit.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Entirely for my own amusement I wonder what would happen if a National Manager announced that the next squad meeting would be in, say, Barcelona, but they'd all have to make their own travel-arrangements.
Germany - all there
France - all there
England - you what? How the fuck am I supposed to do what every road-sweeper does as a matter of course, without thinking it deserves some sort of medal for doing it?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

JimmyDee wrote:Entirely for my own amusement I wonder what would happen if a National Manager announced that the next squad meeting would be in, say, Barcelona, but they'd all have to make their own travel-arrangements.
Germany - all there
France - all there
England - you what? How the fuck am I supposed to do what every road-sweeper does as a matter of course, without thinking it deserves some sort of medal for doing it?

Heaven forbid any actual England players going to play abroad!! Just imagine that, having to learn a new language, culture and diet. Why, they can just sit on the bench of a premier league club enjoying the status of being a top class player.

No, not for our boys is the thought of growing as a person ever considered in their approach to becoming better players.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

tennisman wrote:
JimmyDee wrote:They are thickos, though. That's why we sail through qualification, but struggle in tournaments.

Pitches for the training ground BUILT SPECIALLY FOR THEM, imported from Scotland. WTF???

PS Thank god the Spanish FA's President had his ego bruised sufficiently to sack their coach. At least that story will keep the focus off England for a bit.

After listening to tS the past few weeks, who even knew the name of the Spanish head coach???

Never mentioned once. Now they’re all over it like a rash!!!
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The spoiled pampered cunts will lock themselves in their hotel and play Fortnite online.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

JudgeTedd wrote:
tennisman wrote:

After listening to tS the past few weeks, who even knew the name of the Spanish head coach???

Never mentioned once. Now they’re all over it like a rash!!!

Like how they never cover cricket's County Championship until the thing has been decided and Durham starts talking to Goffee as if they've been covering it for the previous 15 rounds of matches.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Will there be a Saggers meltdown over TRUMP, the best President EVA!, winning the Soccerball for Team USA?
Peace and Love

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Deep down, I think Saggers-ers is still BBC Patronising White Liberal. Clinton and Remain for that boy, once you strip away his tS van-man adopted persona.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JimmyDee wrote:Deep down, I think Saggers-ers is still BBC Patronising White Liberal. Clinton and Remain for that boy, once you strip away his tS van-man adopted persona.

Saggers: Squire or SJW?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Not a Warrior, I don't think(*). More Reverend Saggers, shaking his head mournfully at the folly of mankind.

*That reminds me of my dear old dad when the Salvaton Army came round the pub selling their magazine. "War Cry! They'd run a mile if there was a war." Somewhat unfair, it has to be said, but it made me laugh.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JimmyDee wrote:Not a Warrior, I don't think(*). More Reverend Saggers, shaking his head mournfully at the folly of mankind.

*That reminds me of my dear old dad when the Salvaton Army came round the pub selling their magazine. "War Cry! They'd run a mile if there was a war." Somewhat unfair, it has to be said, but it made me laugh.

To be fair, the 'W' on SJW is pretty superfluous too.
Most of their combat is in the trenches of Reddit where its downvoting karma on posts that don't use the new acceptable multi-gendered pronouns or making snarky comments about Trump on inappropriate threads about calculus or KFC.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Fork me, Saggy Sagbag is quite smitten with Pep Southgate isn't he?
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!