Saggers

Talksport - the main station discussion place
The Doctor Is In

Re: Saggers

Post by The Doctor Is In »

That dreadful RT woman trying to laugh off Russia poisoning people, this is horrendous arse licking.

What a station of complete cretins.
Peace and Love

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

He was very close to calling Putin a crook live on air discussing the President's offer to Sepp Blatter to attend the finals.
Managed to stop himself just in time :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

The Doctor Is In wrote:That dreadful RT woman trying to laugh off Russia poisoning people, this is horrendous arse licking.

Enjoy;

http://www.katepartridge.co.uk/

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Something has been nagging me about Saggers' delivery for some time and it came to me the other day as to what it is.

In communication training terms, the issue would be called the use of 'non words and phrases'.

For example, he'll say something and then add on a series of end words, like 'all that kind of thing' or similar.

When he combines these phrases with his seeming desire to keep telling us in advance of what he is going to say, exactly what he is about to say (we'll be coming to you in a minute Fred and all of that), sometimes, he never gets to the point (and all that stuff).

It's one of those things, like John Inverdale calling tennis matches, tennis 'GAMES', that once you've heard it, you can't un-hear it and you listen out for it all the time.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

The Doctor Is In wrote:That dreadful RT woman trying to laugh off Russia poisoning people, this is horrendous arse licking.

She was the type of journalist who comes across as if she is on top of all the key facts of an issue but after a while you realise she hasn't said anything you haven't heard before and worse that that, she doesn't seem to add any value to anything.

People like Marcotti, Brassell and Langdon are so outstanding because they have a much deeper knowledge of the subjects they cover, so can see insights which others won't even get anywhere near as they are really at the surface of everything and in the detail of nothing.

Russ Hargreaves does this a lot, especially when doing the night show.

He does it a lot when introducing his chummy friends. 'Nice to talk to you mate and I suppose with 5 defeats in the last 5 matches, Eddie Jones might be a bit concerned?' No shit, Russ.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Does anyone like these utterly charmless Custis boys?

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Shaun is preferable to Neil ,who seems to exist for confrontation and arguing.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

James90125 wrote:Does anyone like these utterly charmless Custis boys?

What do you think?

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Saggers has definitely changed his tune on Russia since WCBFD. Terrific place, lovely paintings in the metro etc etc
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

A-s w-ell and so on and so forth.

What have you....
When a shtroke shtrikes.....

Mr Sheen shines in sheconds.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Boris the Spider wrote:A-s w-ell and so on and so forth.

What have you....

And all of that...

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

A rather dark feeling has come across me and I know what it is and why.

The feeling is a very unpatriotic one which is almost a sort of Andy Jacobs schadenfraude about my own team, England.

It's almost as if I've arrived at a place where I just don't care what they do.

But the reason for the feeling is actually down to the incessant analysis of the team and its likely performances by the TS presenters and all the football writers.

I am utterly sick to death about hearing about England.

It's 2 days away from the start and I realise I haven't hear one review of a single other team in this World Cup.

Yes, there have been a few comments about Belgium but almost in lipservice to the fact that they have so many PL players.

Where have the analyses of the other teams gone?

I can't actually remember a single word about Spain, Germany or Argentina other than some sentimental bollox about Messi and his final tournament.

I understand why they talk about England but ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME?

So what if Pickford is not tall enough to audition for the part of the Jolly Green Giant in panto next Christmas?

I am fed up with hearing one presenters' preference over another's for who is and isn't in the back 3.

I don't want to hear anymore discussion about Dyer and Henderson, 2 players who in other eras might not even have been capped.

And to finish it off, please, please, only talk to me again about Sterling if there is evidence that he can actually kick a ball properly.

Enough is enough.

But I fear for my sanity as England's first game is still 5 days away and then regardless of the result, the churn will begin again.

At least, by then I can watch the matches on TV and if I get pissed off with the commentaries, I can turn the sound down.

Who'd have thought it would come to this?

JW90

Post by JW90 »

deisegirl wrote:Saggers has definitely changed his tune on Russia since WCBFD. Terrific place, lovely paintings in the metro etc etc

It's as expected. Make a hell of a noise about how it shouldn't be in a country yet still take the work on offer.

It'll be the same in Qatar.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

tennisman wrote:A rather dark feeling has come across me and I know what it is and why.

The feeling is a very unpatriotic one which is almost a sort of Andy Jacobs schadenfraude about my own team, England.

It's almost as if I've arrived at a place where I just don't care what they do.

But the reason for the feeling is actually down to the incessant analysis of the team and its likely performances by the TS presenters and all the football writers.

I am utterly sick to death about hearing about England.

It's 2 days away from the start and I realise I haven't hear one review of a single other team in this World Cup.

Yes, there have been a few comments about Belgium but almost in lipservice to the fact that they have so many PL players.

Where have the analyses of the other teams gone?

I can't actually remember a single word about Spain, Germany or Argentina other than some sentimental bollox about Messi and his final tournament.

I understand why they talk about England but ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME?

So what if Pickford is not tall enough to audition for the part of the Jolly Green Giant in panto next Christmas?

I am fed up with hearing one presenters' preference over another's for who is and isn't in the back 3.

I don't want to hear anymore discussion about Dyer and Henderson, 2 players who in other eras might not even have been capped.

And to finish it off, please, please, only talk to me again about Sterling if there is evidence that he can actually kick a ball properly.

Enough is enough.

But I fear for my sanity as England's first game is still 5 days away and then regardless of the result, the churn will begin again.

At least, by then I can watch the matches on TV and if I get pissed off with the commentaries, I can turn the sound down.

Who'd have thought it would come to this?

Couldn’t agree with you more!! :dart:

It’s the constant talk about the minutest of details regarding England, that sort of makes me feel like it’d be a better World Cup if they went out early. But that’s only due to the coverage on tS.

Absolutely no mention of any other team outside of England’s group, deciding how England will get to the semifinals and being told that Southgate is doing things differently are all starting to get on my nerves.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Another report from Nigel Adderley on the England team;

'.......then the players will be going for a walk, but no faster than 1 mph. They won't hold hands for extra stability but the fitness staff will be on hand in case anyone walks on a pebble.

Then they'll have their evening meal and talking will be allowed and ketchup applied.

Afterwards, they will read in the quiet area of the lounge with the support staff on hand to help them up off the floor should they want to go to the loo. Episodes of Love Island have been streamed to the hotel so as not to tax the players' brains too much.

Local arse wipers have been hired to prevent rotation injuries as players reach for the loo paper etc.

There will be a light training session where socks can be worn short enough to display tattoos. Photographers will be allowed to take ankle shots.....'

PS In 66, at one point at Lilleshall, Ramsay watched a training session and then said, 'Gentlemen, tomorrow, wear your shin pads'.....