Octavio

Re: He works for The Sun

Post by Octavio »

Is he on ts again?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Yes. Right now. Talking about tories and thatcher.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

Has he touched on Liverpool Football Club?
Roy IN!!

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Massive hypocrite.

As we all know, talksport is intrinsically linked to The Sun.

Evans is a big time critic of The Sun for its Hillsborough coverage from back in the day - and rightly so.

He now takes the coin from said organisation.

See also Holdo's post about Brian Moore and Kelvin Mckenzie.

Anything for the money.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

He's not English, he's Scouse.

mikebv

Post by mikebv »

And no doubt just like hundreds and thousands of other LiverpoolFootballClub fans, subscribes to Sky Sports to watch their beloved LiverpoolFootballClub playing...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Absolute scenes when Evans and Quinn have to broadcast from The Sun newsroom once TS moves over there :D
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

mcjingle93

Post by mcjingle93 »

This is why I'll always respect Colin Murray, don't get me wrong, some of the current Sun reactions are bordering on hysterical (I'm clearly not condoning their Hillsborough coverage) but at least he stuck to his guns. Max Rushden has always slated the Sun, I mean slated them, but like most Guardian readers, he isn't going to lay his cock on the block and made no noise when the Sun link came about.
IF YA GONNA STICK T SPEED LIMIT. GET OUT A FAST LANNNNNEEEEEEEEE

-talksport producer

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

mcjingle93 wrote:This is why I'll always respect Colin Murray, don't get me wrong, some of the current Sun reactions are bordering on hysterical (I'm clearly not condoning their Hillsborough coverage) but at least he stuck to his guns. Max Rushden has always slated the Sun, I mean slated them, but like most Guardian readers, he isn't going to lay his cock on the block and made no noise when the Sun link came about.

Your instincts are correct, however your loyalties are awry. Colin had money in the bank. He knew, given his regional accent and his ability to tow the corporate line meant that he always knew he could go freelance with the BBC. Colin made no sacrifice whatsoever.

It's a really confounding paradigm you raise however. If you were the head of a new sport-based radio-station, who would you hire? Colin Murray or Max Rushden? They are both ultimately corporate men and quite vanilla, but which one would garner the most listeners?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

mcjingle93

Post by mcjingle93 »

carcinogen wrote:
mcjingle93 wrote:This is why I'll always respect Colin Murray, don't get me wrong, some of the current Sun reactions are bordering on hysterical (I'm clearly not condoning their Hillsborough coverage) but at least he stuck to his guns. Max Rushden has always slated the Sun, I mean slated them, but like most Guardian readers, he isn't going to lay his cock on the block and made no noise when the Sun link came about.

Your instincts are correct, however your loyalties are awry. Colin had money in the bank. He knew, given his regional accent and his ability to tow the corporate line meant that he always knew he could go freelance with the BBC. Colin made no sacrifice whatsoever.

It's a really confounding paradigm you raise however. If you were the head of a new sport-based radio-station, who would you hire? Colin Murray or Max Rushden? They are both ultimately corporate men and quite vanilla, but which one would garner the most listeners?

Yeah he'd obviously get work but my point is he didn't have to, nobody would've said a work if he had stayed with them, but he actually did something other than retweet Guardian articles and write 'The S*n'.

If I had a new station and had to pick between the two it'd be Murray, and that's only because I think he's a really good broadcaster. Both are vanilla yes, you aren't going to see CM or MR in the papers arrested for drink driving or making a tasteless joke at a dinner party (which is for some reason a problem these days) so you're pretty safe there. There's a reason Colin Murray has always had regular slots at prime time wherever he goes, he's good, Max on the other hand is just too much of a smug prick to click with a wide audience, hence he'll never get a regular slot for TS.
IF YA GONNA STICK T SPEED LIMIT. GET OUT A FAST LANNNNNEEEEEEEEE

-talksport producer