El Diego (Documentary about Maradona)

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

Re: El Diego (Documentary about Maradona)

Post by kancutlawns »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Reg wrote:Maradona is one of my two favourite players of all time.

Can't stand the c*nt.

I'm guessing you are younger than me, Reg? I remember the Hand of God incident only too well.

Great player that he was. I will never forgive him. I was pissing myself when he got busted for steroid abuse & chucked out of USA 94. Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

You're very bitter and it seems you got your head up that mad Brazilian maniacs ass

It seems me and you are going to fall out

Bitter. :lol: This from Bob who has a visceral hatred for a football passed down from generation to generation.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

kancutlawns wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Can't stand the c*nt.

I'm guessing you are younger than me, Reg? I remember the Hand of God incident only too well.

Great player that he was. I will never forgive him. I was pissing myself when he got busted for steroid abuse & chucked out of USA 94. Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

You're very bitter and it seems you got your head up that mad Brazilian maniacs ass

Bitter. :lol: This from Bob who has a visceral hatred for a football passed down from generation to generation.

I don't have hatred for any footballer so I don't have a clue what you're on about.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Keep it to Maradona and no one will fall out.

Great player yes, greatest all subjective. 'Hand of God' doesn't bother me. Add it to glorious failure, like Turin 1990 (Pete Davies' 'All Played Out' a great read):

And Wemberley 1996 and less glorious failures since.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Without doubt the greatest footballer I have ever seen. How he dribbled with such close control on bumpy pitches, the way in which he took a team like Napoli to two Serie A titles defeating Inter, AC Milan, Juventus, Roma etc when Serie A was the greatest league in the world featuring Platini, Passarella, Van Basten, Gullit, Matthaus, Klinsmann, Baresi, Maldini, Laudrup, Rumenigge etc etc was phenomenal. How he took Argentina to the 1990 world Cup final with a broken foot and withstanding brutal and vicious assaults was just incredible and of course him taking single handedly Argentina to the World Cup title in 1986.

A truly outstanding talent!

subsub

Post by subsub »

Pele won three World Cups, whereas Maradona could only manage one; that speaks volumes…
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:Pele won three World Cups, whereas Maradona could only manage one; that speaks volumes…

And he cheated in that.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Can't stand the c*nt.

Robert - he cheated.

Whatever way you cut it, he was a cheat. Not only against us but also a drug cheat.

Great player though he was, his reputation will forever be tarnished.

IMO

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Can't stand the c*nt.

Robert - he cheated.

Whatever way you cut it, he was a cheat. Not only against us but also a drug cheat.

Great player though he was, his reputation will forever be tarnished.

IMO

Many great footballers have cheated. Messi and Ronaldo certainly have.

He was caught with ephedrine - a decongestant cough mixture. Hardly amphetamines or anabolic steroids.

The greatest ever footballer ever without a shadow of a doubt and a ten trillion times better than that Brazilian lowlife

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Can't stand the c*nt.

Robert, I'm not going to fall out with you because we have a differing opinion on a footballer.

That's all it is, Robert. I respect your opinion on him, I just happen to disagree with it.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Can't stand the c*nt.

Robert, I'm not going to fall out with you because we have a differing opinion on a footballer.

That's all it is, Robert. I respect your opinion on him, I just happen to disagree with it.

We disagree and you're a good poster and I respect you.

However my attitude and adoration towards Diego is similar to Annie Wilkes love and infatuation with Misery Chastain in the movie Misery

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Great player he was but a cheating dirty Bastard
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

m4 colin wrote:Great player he was but a cheating dirty Bastard

The greatest ever footballer.

Legend!

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

carcinogen wrote:Just listened to a wonderful podcast interview between James Horncastle and Asif Kapadia (who directed 'Senna' and won an Oscar for 'Amy'). Asif is in post-production of a documentary titled 'El Diego'. It's about Diego Maradona, primarily about his time in Naples. If you're interested, download the podcast here:

http://podbay.fm/show/1324498249/e/1518 ... utostart=1

It's a facsinating insight. Naples in the 80s was in the grip of the mafia. The city was poor, the team were in debt. They had barely avoided relegation the season before. It would be like Messi joining West Brom. Maradona left Barcalona for the second highest transfer fee ever (the highest was his initial move to Barca). Naples and Maradona were a perfect fit.

In Italia 90, Maradona captained Argentina against Italy in the Semi Final, in NAPLES! Fuck ... Berlosconi, corruption, a league full of players like Zico, Platini ... From what I can gather it looks like a post WC release date. Sept/Oct I hope.

There is a Brilliant Clip of him warming up before a match for Naples, the little cunt balances the ball on the tip of his toe on a couple off occasions,Never seen anyone doing that, am 47 and have seen them all ,as far as televised players go including Best,and the modern greats, his squat physic , those puma long tongue boots with the white flash , tough as fuck,and a genius , what a player the best ever imho,[ life is life] is the clip,

As far as the ball at his foot goes ,he could dribble [ not as good as Jimmy Johnstone] but more Powerfull. that tribute leads you to a host more.Watched them all what a treat for a football fan

Some fuckin player

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

m4 colin wrote:Great player he was but a cheating dirty Bastard

Agreed. We could live losing to the Germans in 90 and 96 , because the won by the rules of the game. The match in 86 was
won by an illegal goal, that even by grainy videos of 86 confirmed the Hand of Satan was used.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.