Westworld

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Lord Notin Kwestion

Re: Westworld

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

The whole fractured timeline twist has the tin lid on this pretentious snooze fest of a show for me.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Reg

Post by Reg »

What programmes do you enjoy, my Lord?
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:The whole fractured timeline twist has the tin lid on this pretentious snooze fest of a show for me.
The whole lot of highly bangable robo-babes keeps me hooked. Although SPOILER ALERT (I never actually thought I'd use that fucking phrase let me just say and I feel slightly soiled by doing so) I was slightly disappointed that Bernard killed his hot cougar boss/mistress.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

carcinogen wrote:
Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:The whole fractured timeline twist has the tin lid on this pretentious snooze fest of a show for me.
The whole lot of highly bangable robo-babes keeps me hooked. Although SPOILER ALERT (I never actually thought I'd use that fucking phrase let me just say and I feel slightly soiled by doing so) I was slightly disappointed that Bernard killed his hot cougar boss/mistress.
SPOILER ALERT

Yes, but she smoked; so her lifespan was likely to be cut short anyway.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Darkyboy wrote:Yes, but she smoked; so her lifespan was likely to be cut short anyway.
That's why she was fucking 'smokin' hot. Dirty Danish Smoking Cougar. :mrgreen:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

carcinogen wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Yes, but she smoked; so her lifespan was likely to be cut short anyway.
That's why she was fucking 'smokin' hot. Dirty Danish Smoking Cougar. :mrgreen:
She reminded me of the Polish lass who used to be on Brookside; she was hot.

Anyway, first season has finished and a cracking ending. Will watch again tomorrow when it's on and expect it to make more sense on a second viewing. Still lots of questions for the next series...

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Brilliant finale! I did not suspect what was going on with William until it was revealed.
On a nostalgic note, check this out hard to believe its not cgi
phpBB [video]

*edit* turns out this is the figure used in the cameo in the new show.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

beingsoblase wrote:Brilliant finale! I did not suspect what was going on with William until it was revealed.
On a nostalgic note, check this out hard to believe its not cgi
phpBB [video]

*edit* turns out this is the figure used in the cameo in the new show.
That is one scary sculpture, but would love to see it up close up.

It has been tempting to check other forums to read theories re: the show. Always the danger of spoilers though. I think it is nicely set up for the second series; just a shame that we have to wait a couple of years for it.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Couple of years!!!!!
Although if it alternates with game of thrones it won't be so bad.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

beingsoblase wrote:Couple of years!!!!!
Game of Thrones doesn't need to be alternating with anything :shock: I know S7 will air later but I hope S8 (the last series) will air the following year??!! GET ON WITH IT

I gave up on this once I was up to date on the first five episodes. I found I wasn't invested enough to wait for episodes to air. I've read the what happens now so I definitely won't go back and watch the rest of it!
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

berty

Post by berty »

Great finale - Armistice stole the show for me.

They never told us who was being created (host) in the scene where Bernard kills Theresa.

My first thought was Ford was creating Theresa but , after what happened in the finale, could Ford have been creating Ford.

Not back till 2018 I hear.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

berty wrote:Great finale - Armistice stole the show for me.

They never told us who was being created (host) in the scene where Bernard kills Theresa.

My first thought was Ford was creating Theresa but , after what happened in the finale, could Ford have been creating Ford.

Not back till 2018 I hear.
Yep, the finale gave Armistice a chance to shine. :)

As you say, Ford was creating another host and that opens up all sorts of possibilities. Especially as Ford was always one step ahead of everyone else (humans and hosts).

caveman

Post by caveman »

deisegirl wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:Couple of years!!!!!
Game of Thrones doesn't need to be alternating with anything :shock: I know S7 will air later but I hope S8 (the last series) will air the following year??!! GET ON WITH IT

I gave up on this once I was up to date on the first five episodes. I found I wasn't invested enough to wait for episodes to air. I've read the what happens now so I definitely won't go back and watch the rest of it!
It picked up pace and improved a lot after episode 5

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Did anyone watch season two?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

beingsoblase wrote:Did anyone watch season two?

Yes. Every episode. For every high there was a low. I fucking enjoyed it to death. Any questions?