Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: GoPro cameras

Post by Carlos J »

The End wrote:
theleader82 wrote:
The End wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I've been thinking about getting one for hiking/skiing holidays. Is it worth gettijg s GoPro or are there equivalent cameras just as good but cheaper? I wondered how long the batteries tend to be and how simple it is to edit videos.

Why do you want one?

I explained why

Oh dear

Why 'Oh dear', End? Leader is asking a fair question.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The End

Post by The End »

Carlos J wrote:
The End wrote:
theleader82 wrote:
The End wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I've been thinking about getting one for hiking/skiing holidays. Is it worth gettijg s GoPro or are there equivalent cameras just as good but cheaper? I wondered how long the batteries tend to be and how simple it is to edit videos.

Why do you want one?

I explained why

Oh dear

Why 'Oh dear', End? Leader is asking a fair question.

I was heading down a 'why a camera?' when phone camera and Instagram are amazing these days. Didn't mean to come across arsey.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Roy Twing wrote:I bought a SJCAM SJ4000 for around a third of the price of the equivalent GoPro - I got it initially for scuba & snorkling and it gave excellent results.
In between holidays, I use it as a dashcam.
As I don't have a Go Pro, it's hard to comment as to how this compares, but it seems fine to me.

I also bought a couple of spare batteries and a separate charger, but in use, I found that a fully charged battery would easily last an hour or so underwater, so spares aren't essential.

Is it easy to edit videos? Reduce them into smaller ones? Are they in mpeg format on computer? Also does yours have sound
Man U and rangers

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

theleader82 wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I bought a SJCAM SJ4000 for around a third of the price of the equivalent GoPro - I got it initially for scuba & snorkling and it gave excellent results.
In between holidays, I use it as a dashcam.
As I don't have a Go Pro, it's hard to comment as to how this compares, but it seems fine to me.

I also bought a couple of spare batteries and a separate charger, but in use, I found that a fully charged battery would easily last an hour or so underwater, so spares aren't essential.

Is it easy to edit videos? Reduce them into smaller ones? Are they in mpeg format on computer? Also does yours have sound

The few times that I've had to to edit a video, - the standard editing software in windows seemed to work fine.
I've just checked and the format is .mov - it does have sound.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Seen this? Breathtaking:
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

You filming airbnb guests my lead-o?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN