Winter Olympic Games 2018

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Re: Winter Olympic Games 2018

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Any cunt can be a world champion, it's fucking pointless. It's an Olympic gold medal that counts

I agree that an Olympic gold gives you more kudos and opens more doors after you retire, but to say 'any cunt can be a world champion' and to write off her career is a bit daft.

No you're right of course. I just said it for effect my friend. All good columnists talk bollocks and are basically cunts. ;)
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Any cunt can be a world champion, it's fucking pointless. It's an Olympic gold medal that counts

I agree that an Olympic gold gives you more kudos and opens more doors after you retire, but to say 'any cunt can be a world champion' and to write off her career is a bit daft.

That is why I totally disregard the likes of tennis, golf and professional football in the Olympics.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle of sporting achievement for the sports that make up the Olympiad.

In those three sports it is merely a break from the real business in hand.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

That is why I totally disregard the likes of tennis, golf and professional football in the Olympics.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle of sporting achievement for the sports that make up the Olympiad.

That’s very true Pet but I think for those participants it really is about the taking part. I was reading article about Justin Rose and for him it was having the opportunity to be in the Olympic Village, mix with other athletes to see how they prepare. It was a once in a lifetime chance to experience it and of course the possibility to win a gold medal. Would he prefer a Green Jacket, yeah of course but it’s still something nice to have.

That’s not to say I agree those sports should be in it mind :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote:
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

That’s very true Pet but I think for those participants it really is about the taking part. I was reading article about Justin Rose and for him it was having the opportunity to be in the Olympic Village, mix with other athletes to see how they prepare. It was a once in a lifetime chance to experience it and of course the possibility to win a gold medal. Would he prefer a Green Jacket, yeah of course but it’s still something nice to have.

I agree, Jon-o. Contrast Rose's attitude with that of McIlroy who couldn't wait to announce that he wasn't interested.
Rose got stuck in, deservedly won gold and was clearly very proud to stand on the rostrum with the medal round his neck.
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

I find the Winter Olympics way more watchable than the proper Olympics.

The events themselves look like more fun to both compete in and to watch and the Winter games doesn’t seem to take itself as seriously as its Summer counterpart.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Fantastic again, especially the Germans hugging the Canadians in the 2 man Bobsleigh. Both won the Gold!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

subsub wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

I agree, Jon-o. Contrast Rose's attitude with that of McIlroy who couldn't wait to announce that he wasn't interested.
Rose got stuck in, deservedly won gold and was clearly very proud to stand on the rostrum with the medal round his neck.
I dont really want to stick up for Wee Roary Luv'im ta bits, but when the Olympic thing happened the inevitable GB or Oireland debacle raised it loud ugly shouty head and the poor fucker got shit from both sides and couldnt win so quite rightly decided 'fuck it'. Plus it was golf, its nothing more than an expensive sideshow at the Olympics.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:I dont really want to stick up for Wee Roary Luv'im ta bits, but when the Olympic thing happened the inevitable GB or Oireland debacle raised it loud ugly shouty head and the poor fucker got shit from both sides and couldnt win so quite rightly decided 'fuck it'.

He's changed his tune, in that case.
When he won his first major, he proudly waved the Northern Ireland flag around, and when someone tried to hand him an Irish flag, he threw it back at them.

He's from NI, he should have represented GB & NI, end of story.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He's an epic little cunt on the scale of AWF and VLS
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

subsub wrote:
Basualdo wrote:I dont really want to stick up for Wee Roary Luv'im ta bits, but when the Olympic thing happened the inevitable GB or Oireland debacle raised it loud ugly shouty head and the poor fucker got shit from both sides and couldnt win so quite rightly decided 'fuck it'.

When he won his first major, he proudly waved the Northern Ireland flag around, and when someone tried to hand him an Irish flag, he threw it back at them.

I totally agree but the ensuing shitstorm convinced him it wasnt worth the hassle. If golf was a long established Olympic sport then maybe it might have made a difference, but its pretty much just a publicity gimmick on it.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Is it true his mouth went east when poults smashed his curly head with a three wood?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:

What an ignorant comment, Sub.

People from NI are entitled by dint of birth to represent Ireland or Great Britain without let or leave from nasty little John Bullshitters like you dictating to them.

End of story.

And as most sports in Ireland operate on an all Ireland basis, most northerners represent Ireland if they are good enough for the Olympics.

Not the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland....but just plain old Ireland.

Live and let live, you hypocrite.

:box:

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Petingo wrote:What an ignorant comment, Sub.

That should be the chapter heading when Subbo comes to write his autobiography and covers the talkforum years :D
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:

That should be the chapter heading when Subbo comes to write his autobiography and covers the talkforum years :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No longer the Bridesmaid

lasharoo wrote:

:lol: