Everton fan eaten by crocodile.

Anything sportlike
Petingo

Everton fan eaten by crocodile.

Post by Petingo »

Very sad news this week that a brother Evertonian was eaten by a crocodile in Sri Lanka.

The club, as ever, had acted in a most compassionate way.

I am taking the liberty of posting this extract of a contribution from one of the posters on GOT.

Morning blues.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Everton any more than I do they have surpassed their own reputation this week.

My little cousin Paul was tragically killed in Sri Lanka last Thursday in a crocodile attack, he was 24. You may have seen it on the front of the national papers last Friday and on the news.

I was meant to be going to Lyon with him in a few weeks. He was a massive blue living in Surrey, fighting the blue fight surrounded by Chelsea and Spurs fans. He was a member of ESCLA and attended all our London games as well as a fair whack of Goodison games too. His dad, my uncle, is originally from Formby and brought him and his brother up the only way.

Everton's response to this has been overwhelming. It took them hours to remember him in an official tweet before the chairman of ESCLA phoned my uncle to tell him to expect a call. It was from Bill Kenwright.

Then yesterday the family got a call from the club to let them know that Paul's mum, dad and girlfriend would be invited to the game on Saturday as guests of honour in the Directors box.

We may persist in playing Ashley Williams, we may have missed the boat on a striker and the Chang was warm for the last 13 years....but in this respect there really is no greater club.

Paul will be remembered at half time tomorrow, it's going to be a tough day for us so give him a clap for me.

COYB.

Sadly I will not be at The Park this afternoon to pay my respects during the half time tribute.

RIP Paul McClean.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Everton fan eaten by crocodile.

Post by Basualdo »

Jesus, I thought when I read the thread title that it was some sort of joke. :(
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Apparently, his family received a message of condolence from Dele Alli-gator.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Basualdo wrote:Jesus, I thought when I read the thread title that it was some sort of joke. :(

https://www.ft.com/content/b82f4836-9a0 ... 88e51488a0

Sadly not, Bas.

A very talented young man.

Apparently he was taking surfing lessons when the crocs got him and devoured him.

A more grisly demise is hard to imagine.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

So sad. Heard the news stories last week about him going missing after having a wash in a lagoon infested by crocs. First time I've read about the poor fella. RIP.

cahill

Post by cahill »

RIP
Strange some of the things you do on holiday. Two years ago I was swimming in a river at the exact spot where someone was killed by an alligator three days previously. Blue Springs Water State Park Florida if anyone's interested.

Commiserations to the young mans friends and family

The End

Post by The End »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Apparently, his family received a message of condolence from Dele Alli-gator.

I laughed. I'm a child.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

kancutlawns wrote:So sad. Heard the news stories last week about him going missing after having a wash in a lagoon infested by crocs. First time I've read about the poor fella. RIP.

+1, a horrific way to go. Very sad and say what you like about Bill Kenwright, but he's got a heart of gold.