Any fans of League 2 clubs?

Anything sportlike
Alex_1971

Any fans of League 2 clubs?

Post by Alex_1971 »

Could be an interesting season, some money has been spent (on wages) and some squads have much improved since last season, notably Mansfield & Luton, with Swindon, Port Vale and my very own Crewe Alexandra rebuilding their squads and looking decent on paper at this early stage. Newport's great escape gives them momentum for the new season and you would expect Coventry not wanting to hang around in the 4th tier for more than a season. Lincoln come back into the league on a massive roll and Forest Green Rovers could prove be tricky, it makes for a competitive league. Yeovil and Cheltenham seem to be the tipped teams to struggle but there is alway a couple of others who will be down their and having a nervous 9 months.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Any fans of League 2 clubs?

Post by Carlos J »

Henry is a Cambridge fan, Alex. Err, lasharoo is a Sutton United fan so maybe for next year.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Cambridge should be top 3. Unless Derry changes his 'not lose' mentality we will come mid table at best.

Luton and Mansfield have spent serious cash, Mansfield is a bit shit or bust IMO

Went Crewe away last season....well made it to the pub and never made the game think we won 2-1 and it was a bit of smoke and mirrors that we'd make the play offs

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

Carlos J wrote:Henry is a Cambridge fan, Alex. Err, lasharoo is a Sutton United fan so maybe for next year.

Cheers for the heads up, Cambridge, yeah they looked a solid outfit when they turned us over twice last season. Who do you support Carlos, if you don't mind me asking?

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

henrycrs wrote:Cambridge should be top 3. Unless Derry changes his 'not lose' mentality we will come mid table at best.

Luton and Mansfield have spent serious cash, Mansfield is a bit shit or bust IMO

Went Crewe away last season....well made it to the pub and never made the game Image think we won 2-1 and it was a bit of smoke and mirrors that we'd make the play offs

You beat us fair and square at our place, looked a bit quicker the the ball than us. We should be up their somewhere ourselves this season, top 7 I hope.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Alex_1971 wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Henry is a Cambridge fan, Alex. Err, lasharoo is a Sutton United fan so maybe for next year.

Cheers for the heads up, Cambridge, yeah they looked a solid outfit when they turned us over twice last season. Who do you support Carlos, if you don't mind me asking?

Middlesbrough FC.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

Carlos J wrote:
Alex_1971 wrote:

Middlesbrough FC.

I went to school with Boro's head physio, Chris has been at the riverside for years now, top lad.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

A nice thought CJ but they won't let us in unless we rip up our 3G pitch and play on real grass, and the board have said that's not going to happen :(
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Alex_1971 wrote:Could be an interesting season, some money has been spent (on wages) and some squads have much improved since last season, notably Mansfield & Luton, with Swindon, Port Vale and my very own Crewe Alexandra rebuilding their squads and looking decent on paper at this early stage. Newport's great escape gives them momentum for the new season and you would expect Coventry not wanting to hang around in the 4th tier for more than a season. Lincoln come back into the league on a massive roll and Forest Green Rovers could prove be tricky, it makes for a competitive league. Yeovil and Cheltenham seem to be the tipped teams to struggle but there is alway a couple of others who will be down their and having a nervous 9 months.

What's the score with Dario Gradi Alex, is he persona non grata at Crewe now?
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Alex_1971 wrote:Could be an interesting season, some money has been spent (on wages) and some squads have much improved since last season, notably Mansfield & Luton, with Swindon, Port Vale and my very own Crewe Alexandra rebuilding their squads and looking decent on paper at this early stage. Newport's great escape gives them momentum for the new season and you would expect Coventry not wanting to hang around in the 4th tier for more than a season. Lincoln come back into the league on a massive roll and Forest Green Rovers could prove be tricky, it makes for a competitive league. Yeovil and Cheltenham seem to be the tipped teams to struggle but there is alway a couple of others who will be down their and having a nervous 9 months.

Does the 1971 refer to your year of birth? If so, do you remember a Crewe player called Aiden Murphy? He used to live on my road.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

finchman

Post by finchman »

Paul from Halifax who used to be on here,and Halifax used to be in league 2, unfortunately Paul supported Manch Unided from his armchair and not his home town club.
I remember when Man U used to come to Wigan in our PL days there was always a massive 'Crewe Reds' banner behind the goal.
I imagine there are loads of pothunting cunts in Crewe.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

finchman wrote:Paul from Halifax who used to be on here,and Halifax used to be in league 2, unfortunately Paul supported Manch Unided from his armchair and not his home town club.

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

lasharoo wrote:

What's the score with Dario Gradi Alex, is he persona non grata at Crewe now?

Unfortunately , due to Chelsea being snides, Dario has copped a ban from the FA and cannot be near FA approved football facilities. He is still listed as a director at Crewe, once the FA sort their shit out and realise that they, along with Andy Woodwards, Steve Walters and a certain member of the press are utter cunts, Dario will be back in his rightful capacity at the football club.

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

finchman wrote:Paul from Halifax who used to be on here,and Halifax used to be in league 2, unfortunately Paul supported Manch Unided from his armchair and not his home town club.
I remember when Man U used to come to Wigan in our PL days there was always a massive 'Crewe Reds' banner behind the goal.
I imagine there are loads of pothunting cunts in Crewe.

I always think of Wigan as a Cheshire league side. Nothing has changed.

Alex_1971

Post by Alex_1971 »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:

Does the 1971 refer to your year of birth? If so, do you remember a Crewe player called Aiden Murphy? He used to live on my road.

Yes 1971 is my year of birth, and yes, Aiden was a member of our 1988/89 promotion wining side. Think he was on Uniteds books as a kid, and I'm sure he was an England school boy international, very underrated midfielder.