The India vs England 2016 cricket thread

Anything sportlike
subsub

Re: The India vs England 2016 cricket thread

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:I have stated what I think the eligibility criteria should be, and you disagree, and I think you should leave it at that. There is no need for silly rolling eye smileys
Thanks for the advice :mrgreen:
Zambo wrote:Before you embarrass yourself further, I would do a bit of research on whether English is a nationality or not, just like Scotland and Wales. Here's a starter for ten

All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities. England is only one of the three countries in Britain (Scotland, England and Wales).
I was born in England but my nationality is British.
I love the way you cut and paste the first thing you find on Google and put it in bold, under the mistaken belief that that adds credibility to your post :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Your post just confirms that you are a twat, but I already knew that. Representing Britain is totally different to representing England. For example the Olympic games, you should be eligible if you are born anywhere in Britain, but to represent your country (nation/nationality), you should be born in that nation imo. So everyone who plays for the England (and the clue is there somewhere) should be English and not from most corners of the globe.

So for e.g to qualify to play for the Scottish football team, you need to have been born in Scotland. All this granny shit is just bollocks. You'll be telling me next that Mo Farah is English/British.

The eligibility rules need sorting out, they have become an embrarrassment. But in the meantime, you keep kidding yourself and keep cheering for all the foreigners. You can also claim that you are British, but I am English because I was born in England.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

While everyone else was entranced and captivated by the 2005 Ashes, Zambo was in a darkened room muttering about the fact that KP, Strauss and Jones x2 weren't English. I respect your right to hold your opinion, but it's sad that you miss out on so much great sport on such technicalities.

When aliens from Alpha Centauri arrive, with some shit hot leg spinner who's honed their technique on some far off world with a lower gravity than ours, no one will care anymore what accident of birth places you where on this planet.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I repeat my eternal mantra - give us a proper wicket keeper (born wherever you like as long they are qualified to play for us), to spare us from the ongoing embarrassment of Bairstow. Let the guy bat, he's a genius, but for god's sake give us someone who might actually take the catches and stumpings that are needed to win test matches.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Lou Grant wrote:While everyone else was entranced and captivated by the 2005 Ashes, Zambo was in a darkened room muttering about the fact that KP, Strauss and Jones x2 weren't English. I respect your right to hold your opinion, but it's sad that you miss out on so much great sport on such technicalities.

When aliens from Alpha Centauri arrive, with some shit hot leg spinner who's honed their technique on some far off world with a lower gravity than ours, no one will care anymore what accident of birth places you where on this planet.
I just have strong views on sport qualification criteria Louis. Personally, I think it's like a lot of laws in this country, pathetic and ridiculous. It doesn't stop me supporting my country though or enjoying the sports that interest me.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

India will win this test, despite batting last, imo

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Zambo wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:While everyone else was entranced and captivated by the 2005 Ashes, Zambo was in a darkened room muttering about the fact that KP, Strauss and Jones x2 weren't English. I respect your right to hold your opinion, but it's sad that you miss out on so much great sport on such technicalities.

I just have strong views on sport qualification criteria Louis. Personally, I think it's like a lot of laws in this country, pathetic and ridiculous. It doesn't stop me supporting my country though or enjoying the sports that interest me.
Good. It would be sad otherwise.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Your post just confirms that you are a twat, but I already knew that
Aye aye, Oscar Wilde's in… :lol:
Zambo wrote:in the meantime, you keep kidding yourself and keep cheering for all the foreigners. You can also claim that you are British, but I am English because I was born in England
What a lovely person you sound. So tolerant and open-minded.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lou Grant wrote:While everyone else was entranced and captivated by the 2005 Ashes, Zambo was in a darkened room muttering about the fact that KP, Strauss and Jones x2 weren't English
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
What a lovely person you sound. So tolerant and open-minded.
Yes very open minded, but you are correct about being intolerant, of stupidity anyway, and stupid rules.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Moeen :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Parthiv Patel - didn't he slag off our spinners? Couldn't even play Root. :smt082

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Root. :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lou Grant wrote:Root. :)
Bowled, Root-o =D> =D>
WOKE AND PROUD

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Vaughan - 'I didn't expect England to win the series here, but I expected them to compete.'

Didn't he say before the series that we'd lose 5-0? :rolleyes: