London marathon

Anything sportlike
finchman

London marathon

Post by finchman »

Not a honkey in sight
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Vespa

Re: London marathon

Post by Vespa »

Good luck to them I would have liked to give that a go.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

What about the Eastenders two? They're going to edit some of the running scenes into tomorrows episode: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/athletics/68847114
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

finchman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:24 am Not a honkey in sight
There area few, but they're far behind the leaders.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It's all about Charidee and fancy-dress now, the two things I most hate in all the world.
Add a third thing; people taking themselves far too seriously. You're not in the Olympics, you're a "fun-runner", and running the marathon isn't actually that difficult. Plucking a figure out of the air, 95% of the starters cross the finishing-line.

Hats off to dear old Jade Goody, who entered one of those things with zero training, or carbo-loading bollocks, and still managed to do 18 of the 26 miles.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:41 am It's all about Charidee and fancy-dress now, the two things I most hate in all the world.
Add a third thing; people taking themselves far too seriously. You're not in the Olympics, you're a "fun-runner", and running the marathon isn't actually that difficult. Plucking a figure out of the air, 95% of the starters cross the finishing-line.

Hats off to dear old Jade Goody, who entered one of those things with zero training, or carbo-loading bollocks, and still managed to do 18 of the 26 miles.
She didn't. Her PR team told the papers that. She did about three.
WOKE AND PROUD

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

"A London Marathon spokeswoman said there was no record of Goody after she passed the 18.5 mile (30km) point at 4 hours and 37 minutes, and it was assumed she had not finished."
That suggests, to me, that there was a record of her passing the 30 km point, and every point up to that one. They'd have said if she hadn't, otherwise.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ke-1027516

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:58 am "A London Marathon spokeswoman said there was no record of Goody after she passed the 18.5 mile (30km) point at 4 hours and 37 minutes, and it was assumed she had not finished."
That suggests, to me, that there was a record of her passing the 30 km point, and every point up to that one. They'd have said if she hadn't, otherwise.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ke-1027516
She may have skipped a big chunk of the course (which you can do, but the missing miles would get tracked), but she was "hobbling after a mile and a half", apparently.
Be amazed if she ran 18 miles in 4.5 hours. That's not quick at all, but she wouldn't be able to walk that fast.

Anyway, I guess we'll never know.
WOKE AND PROUD

finchman

Post by finchman »

It's ridiculous that there was no honky in the final eleven...

About as ridiculous as having no coloureds in the Womens England football starting eleven.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:41 am You're not in the Olympics, you're a "fun-runner", and running the marathon isn't actually that difficult. Plucking a figure out of the air, 95% of the starters cross the finishing-line
It is rather difficult.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Paula Radcliffe has to be the worst sports commentator/pundit in living memory.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:41 am It's all about Charidee and fancy-dress now, the two things I most hate in all the world.

Yes but they beat their personal best this year zzzzzzz

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:41 am
She was a noted racist surrounded by ethnic people. She probably thought she was running for her life, the thick cunt.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:15 am She was a noted racist ...
I'd say she was more of a Classist.
Her dislike of Shilpa, in my opinion, wasn't based on race, but because she thought Shilpa was looking down her nose at Jade because Shilpa was posh, and everyone else in the house was lower-caste. With some justification, it has to be said.

It was the other two that brought race into it, but they magically escaped all criticism.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Jade was thick af tbf
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN