FA Cup 23/24

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

Re: FA Cup 23/24

Post by kancutlawns »

Generally been a shit weekend for potential upsets. Possible one this e'en if Man U can beat the pie munchers though, could it be on the same level as the 2013 final? It's a toughie.

Thought Arsenal's failure last night just magnified what everyone thought before it that they're a nice to watch tika taka playing side that fanny about, have no decent striker, Havertz was a colossal waste of money, Saka's being run into the ground and they need someone like Keane to give a swift kick up the arse. Ironically selling Xhaka created that problem.

Difficult to see what Arsenal fans who want Lego Pep out expect. 8th, 8th 5th and 2nd. City the great sport washers have spent fuck know's how much and Liverpool are a better team. Even if Mbappe and Bellingham come in, can't see them winning the title. Likely to be vying with Villa for third place. Arsenal are are a likeable team with quality players but Lego Pep's a nobend.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Havertz cost Arsenal 67.5m. :lol:

Couldn't believe they waited until the 88th minute to haul him off last night.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Filthier than a miner's shovel.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Outstanding goal
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:35 am Generally been a shit weekend for potential upsets. Possible one this e'en if Man U can beat the pie munchers though, could it be on the same level as the 2013 final? It's a toughie.

Thought Arsenal's failure last night just magnified what everyone thought before it that they're a nice to watch tika taka playing side that fanny about, have no decent striker, Havertz was a colossal waste of money, Saka's being run into the ground and they need someone like Keane to give a swift kick up the arse. Ironically selling Xhaka created that problem.

Difficult to see what Arsenal fans who want Lego Pep out expect. 8th, 8th 5th and 2nd. City the great sport washers have spent fuck know's how much and Liverpool are a better team. Even if Mbappe and Bellingham come in, can't see them winning the title. Likely to be vying with Villa for third place. Arsenal are are a likeable team with quality players but Lego Pep's a nobend.
Yes City are the great sport washers but that isn't going to stop them.
With KDB back they will catch Liverpool.
The rest are quite a way behind.

Re Havertz. He was a good player in Germany but has been at the wrong clubs. Never settled at Chelsea amid all the chaos and Arsenal were barking to help them out with their FFP dilemma paying that for him, and then playing him out of position.

I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I predict Werner will be top drawer at Spurs

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

rorymac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:20 pm I predict Werner will be top drawer at Spurs
He’s only been brought in for two matches hasn’t he?

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

?? I predict he'll be great for two matches and then the rest of the season and then they'll buy him .. or summink !
Life is very weird at times !!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

rorymac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:20 pm I predict Werner will be offside at Spurs
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

No longer the Bridesmaid

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
Ballon D'or x3, obvs

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:59 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
Ballon D'or x3, obvs
:lol: :lol:

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:58 pm
rorymac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:20 pm I predict Werner will be offside at Spurs
He was known by my daughter after every Chelsea goal as, "Timo Werner is offside".

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Your boys are at Eastleigh or Newport in the Fourth Round providing you don’t shit the bed tonight against Unided, Finchlo. Think you’ll be overwhelming underdogs in that round mind. 🤣

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Phew! Dreaded getting a decent team in the Fourth Round. We’re at Chelsea so happy days. Bring it on!

No longer the Bridesmaid

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:02 pm Phew! Dreaded getting a decent team in the Fourth Round. We’re at Chelsea so happy days. Bring it on!
Bookmarked