Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Britain is broken

Post by The Tick »

This is why we ideally shouldn't sport flags outside of official state functions/institutions.

antdad

Post by antdad »

:)

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 pm :lol: Sure is pretty aint it?

WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

It shows how far we’ve fallen as a nation that people are getting upset by kit designs or recipes for scones.

Years ago nobody gave two hoots. In the case of the scones, the people complaining now heartily endorsed the recipe.

https://x.com/celiarichards0n/status/17 ... NX_8Wsx4IQ

Makes you wonder who are the real people that hate this Land, could it be the ones that are constantly driving hate amongst us? 🤔
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

In the meantime, the truth of broken Britain lies in the following article. Younger generations squeezed by economic disenfranchisement are having fewer children.

Our economy will be ever more dependant on immigration.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... -they-cant

‘It’s money’: the Britons who want children but feel they can’t
Fertility rate in England and Wales has fallen to lowest rate since records began in 1939
Last edited by The Tick on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:32 pm It shows how far we’ve fallen as a nation that people are getting upset by kit designs or recipes for scones.

Years ago nobody gave two hoots. In the case of the scones, the people complaining now heartily endorsed the recipe.

Makes you wonder who are the real people that hate this Land, could it be the ones that are constantly driving hate amongst us? 🤔
Come come, a proper scone is delicious, and reading that link it seems that the NT are saying that they haven't used dairy in their scones for years, but, for the life of me, I cant find one of their recipes which doesn't contain egg or milk, so, in the interest of veracity, can any of you IT geniuses take a few minutes to find one?
I hesitate to accuse the NT spokesperson of telling porkies.
Please, pretty please.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:16 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:32 pm It shows how far we’ve fallen as a nation that people are getting upset by kit designs or recipes for scones.

Come come, a proper scone is delicious, and reading that link it seems that the NT are saying that they haven't used dairy in their scones for years, but, for the life of me, I cant find one of their recipes which doesn't contain egg or milk, so, in the interest of veracity, can any of you IT geniuses take a few minutes to find one?
Please, pretty please.
It’s not so much the recipe.

It’s more a case of trying to whip people up into a frenzy of fury and to keep those fires burning. Any subject will seemingly do these days, even if it was once praised.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food ... cones.html
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

According to this report a NT spokesman says their scones have been dairy free for years, well, either the spokesman is lying or is just plain stupid and doesn't realise that eggs and milk are dairy. :P
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=22044e35 ... F6cg&ntb=1
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

antdad

Post by antdad »

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

How very woke.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Some people are clearly trying to whip cream into a frenzy and apply it liberally to the scone face of British politics. I say this is money for jam.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:09 pm

Please, pretty please.

It’s more a case of trying to whip people up into a frenzy of fury and to keep those fires burning. Any subject will seemingly do these days, even if it was once praised.

It's almost as if the DM know how to infuriate their readership with misleading stories!
DM readers will deny being so easily led, of course :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

subsub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:02 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:09 pm

Please, pretty please.

It's almost as if the DM know how to infuriate their readership with misleading stories!
DM readers will deny being so easily led, of course :mrgreen:
I must admit, it’s a marvellous business model.

- Keep telling people life was great in the past
- Tell people their lives are being ruined today
- Find a (visible) enemy people can blame
- Keep well in with the Government of the day, who could put a stop most of the problems occurring in an instant

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Gammon meltdowns are big business.

Salem

Post by Salem »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:47 am
I must admit, it’s a marvellous business model.

- Keep telling people life was great in the past It was
- Tell people their lives are being ruined today They are
- Find a (visible) enemy people can blame There are several if you choose to look hard enough
- Keep well in with the Government of the day, who could put a stop most of the problems occurring in an instant Agreed

I have come to those conclusions regardless of which newspaper I read :smt023
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....