Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Britain is broken

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

birdie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:36 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:08 pm The whole thing is a calculated gamble on engerland winning t'euros
Even so, is it worth £125 for a T shirt?
If shitgate somehow manages it, the nation will go temporarily insane
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Can you imagine if these people put the same amount of energy in getting the Country back working properly as they do in complaining about a small bit of embroidery?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm Can you imagine if these people put the same amount of energy in getting the Country back working properly as they do in complaining about a small bit of embroidery?
Shouldn't Starmer be calling on the FA to change the design not nike? After all, the FA must have approved it in the first place.
Typical, blame the messenger.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:18 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm Can you imagine if these people put the same amount of energy in getting the Country back working properly as they do in complaining about a small bit of embroidery?
Shouldn't Starmer be calling on the FA to change the design not nike? After all, the FA must have approved it in the first place.
Typical, blame the messenger.
Nike designed and manufactured the shirt. I doubt Mark Bullingham is employed for his sartorial designs.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Hold on people. How have we all been so stupid? How could we have all missed the obvious?

THIS NEW ENGLAND SHIRT IS A BLATANT ATTEMPT OF DISTRACTION BY THE PRESIDENT ON THE ENGLISH FA.

Now it’s all starting to make sense.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Funny people pointing out how political parties have altered the flag.

Salem

Post by Salem »

To me , it’s the principle.

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

birdie

Post by birdie »

Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm To me , it’s the principle.

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
Nike describe the change as 'a playful update', meaning, we'll take the piss, everyone will love it and pay 125 quid to take the piss too without realising it.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I just find it a bit pathetic and sneaky tbh.

If they’d just done a normal St George Cross nobody would have had a problem, but they would know that some people would have a problem with what they have done.

So essentially, they’ve gone out of their way to needlessly rile a section of the public in the hope it’ll generate easy publicity. They’re taking advantage of the fact that EVERYTHING is so fucking divisive these days. That’s just lazy.

If you want to promote it, release a brilliantly designed shirt and use marketing to tap into the national optimism ahead of the Euros.

I’m certainly never going to win any awards for patriotism, and I’m not going to pretend that the flag itself bothers me, but I do understand why other people would be irritated by it.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zambo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:29 pm
Next up the horizontal line on the Scottish flag is being changed to pink. What you say Ally?
So it looks like a fanny which can’t stay the right way up?

That would be appropriate for most Scotchmen tbf.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

subsub

Post by subsub »

WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

How many England shirts have you bought.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm

:lol:
The flag is nothing to do with the England shirt, anyway. The Three Lions badge is the emblem.
WOKE AND PROUD

Salem

Post by Salem »

Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm

The last one I bought was the 2010 Seth Ifrica incarnation . Made by Umbro and it was a pretty basic effort but I liked it .

Prior to that the 2006 Germany WC shirt . It had a red cross on the shoulder but I'm not sure what that was supposed to represent 🤔.

So I guess the answer to your question is 2 .

May I ask why it's important?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....