Hawksbee & Jacobs - Part 7

Talksport - the main station discussion place
carcinogen

Re: Hawksbee & Jacobs - Part 7

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:00 pm Shitbarn exists so that ts can say YOU THOUGHT WOODSY WAS BAD, GET A LOAD OF THIS FUCKING MONSTROSITY
I drew the line at her AND Andy Murray on at the same time.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

scully

Post by scully »

Didn’t listen to it .. but I’d be up shebahns arse like shit off a shovel.. gape like you mean it

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

scully wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 pm Didn’t listen to it .. but I’d be up shebahns arse like shit off a shovel.. gape like you mean it
Oh I've just taken a look ... nah, not for me. I mean I can see it. Whenever I hear her I think of Martell from Homes under the Hammer (with Dion). I quite like her. Shebahn ... is more Sheblah for me. Looks ten-a-penny generic blonde. Do you think she's vying for some television presenting role? Surely not. I will concede she's not as ugly as her voice.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

scully wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 pm Didn’t listen to it .. but I’d be up shebahns arse like shit off a shovel.. gape like you mean it
:shock:
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I have to give it to Jacobs, when it comes to flogging a dead horse he's a fucking master. A guru. I mean, to get a tune out of his mate Baddiel all those years ago on Fantasy Football was quite a feat. As a younger, I enjoyed that show ... I thought it was funny. Now as an adult, when I look back, it's utter shite. Quite how Baddiel rode out the blackface, pineapple Jason Lee 'gag' is testament to how the 'educated' Left have such double-standards (just look at 'rape is a laugh' BBC2 Frankie Boyle now writing for The Guardian.

I suppose we have to give Paul his flowers (I hate that fucking term but I'm using it anyway), a working-class bloke who worked his way into the Chiswick set. Trouble is, he's never moved-on from On The Buses as his vehicle of humour. I get the impression even Harry Hill, yeah, has given him a wide birth, yeah. Making references to obscure 70s sitcoms surely has a shelf-life.

I guess the beancounters who watch the bottom-line and the listening figures think they are good value. But with media ad revenue bottoming-out across the media sector right now coupled with a desperate need for a younger audience I can't see how these two crusry clowns will last, they are too niche at this point imo.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 am I can't see how these two crusty clowns will last, they are too niche at this point imo.
The "niche" was oldey-timey football fans who go to games and want to talk about the funny things that happen at games. Genuine fans who can see the funny side of a card-happy ref [yes, it does happen if you follow a lower-league team].
Baker and Kelly were good at that, for an hour a week, but that's all you can wring out of it ... one hour.

Not showbiz-celeb comedian "mates" pretending to be "big, big" fans as an excuse to flog their latest tour.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

First time I've dipped into H&J for ages, and neither of them are on.

This is fucking SHIT.

The 'funny things you've heard on the terraces' has been 100% completely unfunny.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Terraces bants = LUKAKU YOU FUCKING SHIT MONKEY! GO BACK TO AFRICA YOU USELESS CUNT!!! in front of terrified eight-year-olds
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Salem

Post by Salem »

I kinda like Pegs 😕
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

scully

Post by scully »

Salem wrote:I kinda like Pegs Image
You sure you don’t mean pegging?

Salem

Post by Salem »

scully wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:11 pm
Salem wrote:I kinda like Pegs Image
You sure you don’t mean pegging?
Pretty sure .

Although they do say don't knock it 'till you've tried it 🤔
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

GLeeder

Post by GLeeder »

Man-hater Aherne on again.....revelling in the Christian Horner allegations

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

The show ident audio needs a tweak:

"NOT HAWKSBEE AND NOT JACOBS ON SHOUTGOSSIP"
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

scully

Post by scully »

Heard the last ten minutes fuck me it was abysmal

JW90

Post by JW90 »

You just expect her to launch into a rant at any point. No chemistry with her co hosts or guests. Awful.