Stadium Size / Pitch Size

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Stadium Size / Pitch Size

Post by carcinogen »

Oh, the fall-out of the West Aaaahm result is brewing. The pitch-size, the stadium-size, the distance from the pitch to the seating area. Hold on to your fucking hats, Mathew 'why use one word when a pretentious quote from a Greek philosopher will do' Syed is currently writing his oh-so-fucking-clever piece for The Times right now. But fuck him right, this is where we make the fucking agenda.

Professional footballers are creatures of habit. They ain't too bright. I honestly do think, if a player is used to a more confined space to play in their mindset will alter in an alternative space. Think about it; when you move from fucking a tight cunt onto a more loose slit, your cock notices the difference.

I do feel for the West Ham players and fans. They've been used by their tawdy sex-shop ugly owners. I just wish TalkSHIT would call-out Gold, Sullivan, and Brady. They never do. They NEVER DO. They constantly aim their ire at Wenger, because they know he is above all this crap, but they know all too well, if they hit the West Hammers owners, they'd be pissing in their fucking skid-stained PANTS.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Stadium Size / Pitch Size

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:Oh, the fall-out of the West Aaaahm result is brewing. The pitch-size, the stadium-size, the distance from the pitch to the seating area. Hold on to your fucking hats, Mathew 'why use one word when a pretentious quote from a Greek philosopher will do' Syed is currently writing his oh-so-fucking-clever piece for The Times right now. But fuck him right, this is where we make the fucking agenda.

Professional footballers are creatures of habit. They ain't too bright. I honestly do think, if a player is used to a more confined space to play in their mindset will alter in an alternative space. Think about it; when you move from fucking a tight cunt onto a more loose slit, your cock notices the difference.

I do feel for the West Ham players and fans. They've been used by their tawdy sex-shop ugly owners. I just wish TalkSHIT would call-out Gold, Sullivan, and Brady. They never do. They NEVER DO. They constantly aim their ire at Wenger, because they know he is above all this crap, but they know all too well, if they hit the West Hammers owners, they'd be pissing in their fucking skid-stained PANTS.
Interesting analogy. And vice versa. :P Leave Lady Brady alone. Consensually, as the best cunnilingist this side of the fens, who is that shortarse Canadian? My pleasure is at your leisure, Lady Brady.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Interesting comments on KUMB:

After 45 years walking down Green Street and stopping off at Kens cafe it became a habit, and one I loved almost like a fix if you will.
Now like I said in previous posts I don't give a ****..
Everything has changed, It's not our West Ham United anymore it's West Ham London who play at the London Olympic stadium.
Fights amongst our selves, new stewards who think they're old bill and a atmosphere akin to a state funeral.

This is the most disconnected I have ever felt to the club. I'm not that angry, I'm not that embarrassed. I'm mostly just a bit sad, not from the result or the performance but because of the disconnection.

I just don't feel a connection to the club anymore.
I accept that most of this is down to the move. The whole experience is just souless to me now.
The new place doesn't feel like home. I don't feel particularly welcome there. The stewards (with some exceptions) treat people like they are a nuisance as opposed to loyal patrons.
Right now I feel we are neither one thing or another.
We are no longer the old West Ham with history and tradition and camaraderie. That has been replaced by a corporate shell.
We have the downside of a corporate team like a City or Chelsea without the upside. We have the day trippers, the prawn sandwich brigade, the soulless stadium, etc... without the upside of superstar players and trophies.
We were told we would take the next step up. We haven't.
We were told things would be better, they're not.
We were told we would gain from this, in my opinion we have lost far more than we have gained.
I've seen us win and I've seen us lose but throughout everything we were West Ham United.
I'm not so sure about that anymore.

West Ham have blown it. The dildo brothers are destroying the heart and soul of the club.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Franchise football. Surely fans up and down the country should have cottoned on to that much at least. Steve, I know that Spurs's new ground being built on the site of the existing one and given that you're going to be playing at Wembley for the next season or two in the Prem, do you think that the club will be heading the same way when you start playing back there? Or do you think that the club will maintain it's identity. I guess and this may be answering my own question that the stadium will be more corporatised and the entertainment will be targeted more at patrons in the executive boxes?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Franchise football. Surely fans up and down the country should have cottoned on to that much at least. Steve, I know that Spurs's new ground being built on the site of the existing one and given that you're going to be playing at Wembley for the next season or two in the Prem, do you think that the club will be heading the same way when you start playing back there? Or do you think that the club will maintain it's identity. I guess and this may be answering my own question that the stadium will be more corporatised and the entertainment will be targeted more at patrons in the executive boxes?
Couple of things here, Lawnsy.

Firstly, never forget that Levy wanted the Olympic Stadium as well - it's all about saving money, innit.

Secondly, if we go to Wembley, then I dread to think what season we will have next year. Be lucky to avoid the drop, I reckon. But, the new stadium is 3 months ahead of schedule and rumours on Glory Glory that we may be able to play in the new WHL next season or, at least, for most of it.

Thirdly, we have stayed at our ancestral home. The new stadium looks mighty impressive, but you never know until it is fully open. I do think that we will maintain our identity. Staying in the same place helps a lot. People can go to the same pubs, cafes, restaurants etc as they always have. It is still our home. The connection remains.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Secondly, if we go to Wembley, then I dread to think what season we will have next year. Be lucky to avoid the drop, I reckon. But, the new stadium is 3 months ahead of schedule and rumours on Glory Glory that we may be able to play in the new WHL next season or, at least, for most of it.
Apologies for quoting myself, but Spurs have now stated that although the stadium is 3 months ahead of schedule, we will be playing at Wembley next year.

........and therefore in the Championship the year after :(

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Apologies for quoting myself, but Spurs have now stated that although the stadium is 3 months ahead of schedule, we will be playing at Wembley next year.

Make sure you don't mess that pitch up, Chelsea will probably be playing there the season after :|

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Jonathan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Make sure you don't mess that pitch up, Chelsea will probably be playing there the season after :|
I'm dreading it, Jonathan.

If our CL performances are anything to go by, we will be lucky to avoid relegation :o

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

If our CL performances are anything to go by, we will be lucky to avoid relegation :o
Well at least you will only have one season. Chelsea expect it to be three as they can't do any work while in situ.
Definitely will bring challenges for both teams.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Jonathan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Well at least you will only have one season. Chelsea expect it to be three as they can't do any work while in situ.
Definitely will bring challenges for both teams.
Not kept abreast of the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge. Is there going to be an overlap with the reconstruction at SB and WHL so both teams share Wembley at the same time or has it been scheduled so that Spurs will use it next season and Chelsea use it for the three seasons after?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Chelsea are currently waiting for planning permission. There might be a one season overlap at Wembley pending how long Spurs take.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Jonathan wrote:Chelsea are currently waiting for planning permission. There might be a one season overlap at Wembley pending how long Spurs take.
As construction at WHL is well ahead of schedule, it seems likely that Spurs will only be at Wembley next season [-o< [-o< [-o<