Xmas Day TV

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Xmas Day TV

Post by Basualdo »

Barcelona 87 wrote:Christmas tv on BBC and ITV is absolutely dreadful. Utterly dreadful

The days when they'd have very good movies which would grip you have gone. Long gone!
The haven't had the big movie draw since the early 80s if not before. Video ended that with everyone having seen the big movies before the got shown on TV.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:
shabbado wrote:Peppa Pig, Ben and Hollies Little Kingdom, Justin's House and Minions.
No 'Go Jetters'? My girl is obsessed with it.
:lol:

TBH they all sorta blends into one after a while. Go Jetters, Octonauts and Bing Bunny are also high on their favourites list.

Don't get the appeal myself.
A joyless arsehole.

Barcelona 87

Post by Barcelona 87 »

Basualdo wrote:
Barcelona 87 wrote:Christmas tv on BBC and ITV is absolutely dreadful. Utterly dreadful

The days when they'd have very good movies which would grip you have gone. Long gone!
The haven't had the big movie draw since the early 80s if not before. Video ended that with everyone having seen the big movies before the got shown on TV.
Nah...I disagree. I remember of christmas 1991 and the BBC had brilliant movies on - No Way Out on christmas eve

phpBB [video]

On Christmas Day they had Batman at 6pm..one with Jack Nicholson as Joker. 9:30pm they had Coming to America
Plus they had Fish caled Wanda, Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Great Outdoors.

I remember on Sky watching Pretty Woman, The Witches, Nuns on the Run, Uncle Buck and Class of 1999.

On Sky One every saturday at 8pm during the month i was back at home id watch "Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack!

Those were the days!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

shabbado wrote:
Bad Blue 2000 wrote:
shabbado wrote:Peppa Pig, Ben and Hollies Little Kingdom, Justin's House and Minions.
No 'Go Jetters'? My girl is obsessed with it.
:lol:

TBH they all sorta blends into one after a while. Go Jetters, Octonauts and Bing Bunny are also high on their favourites list.

Don't get the appeal myself.
Peppa is the only one I can watch, it has some genuinely good gags in it.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Barcelona 87 wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Nah...I disagree. I remember of christmas 1991 and the BBC had brilliant movies on - No Way Out on christmas eve

phpBB [video]

On Christmas Day they had Batman at 6pm..one with Jack Nicholson as Joker. 9:30pm they had Coming to America
Plus they had Fish caled Wanda, Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Great Outdoors.

I remember on Sky watching Pretty Woman, The Witches, Nuns on the Run, Uncle Buck and Class of 1999.

On Sky One every saturday at 8pm during the month i was back at home id watch "Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack!

Those were the days!
Yes that true, but they were still trying back then, and even by then the audiences would not have been near what they were a decade or so previously. And because of the law of diminishing returns they don't really bother trying with movies nowadays.
Now with movie channels on satellite and streaming online the attraction isn't there.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Bernard and the Genie is on Youtube. It has only been shown once on TV in the early 90's. Watched it last year, pretty funny even though it stars everybody's hate figure Lenny Henry.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Bernard and the Genie is on Youtube. It has only been shown once on TV in the early 90's. Watched it last year, pretty funny even though it stars everybody's hate figure Lenny Henry.
I find Lenny Henry totally unfunny, like most people do, and also a bit pretentious these days.

But for some reason I've never actually disliked him, because he doesn't seem to be loathesome person, unlike most comedians.
Roy IN!!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Reg wrote:
Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Bernard and the Genie is on Youtube. It has only been shown once on TV in the early 90's. Watched it last year, pretty funny even though it stars everybody's hate figure Lenny Henry.
I find Lenny Henry totally unfunny, like most people do, and also a bit pretentious these days.

But for some reason I've never actually disliked him, because he doesn't seem to be loathesome person, unlike most comedians.
He's not great but I don't dislike him. As a kid I found a black man pretending to be David Bellamy pretty funny.

Reg

Post by Reg »

David Bellamy WAS black by BBC standards.
Roy IN!!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Reg wrote:David Bellamy WAS black by BBC standards.
|Nah. My daughter's mother runs a youth centre and she got met the wonderful Floella Benjamin recently. She was(and still is) proper black.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:
Reg wrote:

He's not great but I don't dislike him. As a kid I found a black man pretending to be David Bellamy pretty funny.
Loved Tiswas. The peak of Henry's career

There's no poem, just prose.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

He was great then.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kodi gives you all ur xmas telly
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Reg wrote:

+1

Especially when you look at the "big name" comedians doing the rounds these days
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

deisegirl wrote:
Reg wrote:

+1

Especially when you look at the "big name" comedians doing the rounds these days
I was watching a programme about him just before Christmas with stuff he did in his own show and Not The Nine O'clock News like Delbert Wilkins and Theophilus P Wildebeeste and thought he was quite funny. If it wasn't for the charity work which conversely made him a figure of derision, his popularity may have had more longevity but yes, he's not a loathsome twat and seems an OK bloke.