Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
lambrini

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 am So basically, khan hasn't ruined london.
Um...yeah. He has. Basically.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadiq Khan has been accused by a minister of “the height of hypocrisy” after he was spotted in a convoy of three cars that drove him miles across London to take his dog for a walk after hiking congestion charges for other drivers.

The Labour Mayor’s office issued a report last week that warned of the dangers of car pollution in the capital, and pointed to policies like the expansion of London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), which charges non-compliant vehicles £12.50 per day to drive through the city.

But Mr Khan himself appeared to take an unnecessary car journey to Battersea Park last Thursday, despite living within walking distance of one of London’s largest green spaces, Tooting Common.

Paul Scully, the minister for London, said: “It's in everyone's interest to promote walking, cycling and public transport but lecturing Londoners whilst driving in a three-car convoy for a dog walk is the height of hypocrisy.

“Some people have little choice but to use their car to get around parts of London. Walking a mile in ordinary Londoners' shoes would give him a greater understanding of real life for so many and his dog plenty of exercise.”

The convoy is thought to have been required by the Metropolitan Police, who protect him from potential security threats.

Mr Khan has spent much of his time in office campaigning for greener transport in the capital, and has raised the congestion charge levied on drivers who use roads in the centre of London to £15 per day.

Rules for thee but not for me

🤭
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadiq Khan is one of the worst politicians today.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:51 am Sadiq Khan has been accused by a minister of “the height of hypocrisy” after he was spotted in a convoy of three cars that drove him miles across London to take his dog for a walk after hiking congestion charges for other drivers.

The Labour Mayor’s office issued a report last week that warned of the dangers of car pollution in the capital, and pointed to policies like the expansion of London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), which charges non-compliant vehicles £12.50 per day to drive through the city.

But Mr Khan himself appeared to take an unnecessary car journey to Battersea Park last Thursday, despite living within walking distance of one of London’s largest green spaces, Tooting Common.

Paul Scully, the minister for London, said: “It's in everyone's interest to promote walking, cycling and public transport but lecturing Londoners whilst driving in a three-car convoy for a dog walk is the height of hypocrisy.

“Some people have little choice but to use their car to get around parts of London. Walking a mile in ordinary Londoners' shoes would give him a greater understanding of real life for so many and his dog plenty of exercise.”

The convoy is thought to have been required by the Metropolitan Police, who protect him from potential security threats.

Mr Khan has spent much of his time in office campaigning for greener transport in the capital, and has raised the congestion charge levied on drivers who use roads in the centre of London to £15 per day.

🤭
Is Paul Scully calling for all police security details for politicians to be scrapped?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:38 am
The Tick wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 am So basically, khan hasn't ruined london.
I don't think he has the power the ruin London, the London Mayor apart from TfL has fuck all powers.

To demonstrate this Shaun Baileys campaign included promised like more youth workers, scrapped the council tax precept rise that could only happen if the central government funded them.

They should either give the Mayor more powers or just scrap it.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Moving this shite.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:38 am
No he hasn't. London still functions as a city and a lot of its problems existed prior to Khan's election to office. His remit as mayor is limited so whether he's a brilliant mayor or not, saying he's ruined london is a far fetched bit of rhetoric.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Vespa wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:53 am
lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:51 am Sadiq Khan has been accused by a minister of “the height of hypocrisy” after he was spotted in a convoy of three cars that drove him miles across London to take his dog for a walk after hiking congestion charges for other drivers.

🤭
Is Paul Scully calling for all police security details for politicians to be scrapped?
More to the point, Kahn doesn't decide what level or how the security detail is applied let alone what vehicles they drive. A criticism of dipshittery porportions.

antdad

Post by antdad »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:51 am Sadiq Khan is one of the worst politicians today.
because...

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:51 am Sadiq Khan is one of the worst politicians today.
How so?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

And that's an almost impossible achievement. :D

There is only one thing I can think of as to why he is popular and that is he supported the Trump blimp. :lol:

1% of London voted for him. He's got the mandate.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 86027.html

As Londoners grapple with rising fares and tube strikes, Khan has today unveiled plans to expand the ultra-low emission zone across the whole of Greater London by the end of next year.
He's determined to destroy the capital. Nearly as mad as Putin.

Won't affect me, I'm calling it a day in July. If I never set foot in London again, it won't bother me.

But I feel very sorry for small businesses who have survived the pandemic and are trying to get themselves up and running again.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Steve Hunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 86027.html

As Londoners grapple with rising fares and tube strikes, Khan has today unveiled plans to expand the ultra-low emission zone across the whole of Greater London by the end of next year.
He's determined to destroy the capital
By making it a cleaner, less-polluted place to live?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Steve Hunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 86027.html

Won't affect me, I'm calling it a day in July. If I never set foot in London again, it won't bother me.

But I feel very sorry for small businesses who have survived the pandemic and are trying to get themselves up and running again.
Khan, the hypocritical cunt, who was spotted not long ago, using a cavalcade of cars to drive 4.5 miles to walk his dog when he has a park opposite his home.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Good. London air will be much cleaner and over reliance on the car is to be tackled.