FA Cup 23/24

Anything sportlike
Sunbeam Alpine

Re: FA Cup 23/24

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:59 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
Ballon D'or x3, obvs
Another gem
You are SO funny

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:37 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:59 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
Ballon D'or x3, obvs
Another gem
You are SO funny
Just shut up for once. You are beyond dull.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:30 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:02 pm Phew! Dreaded getting a decent team in the Fourth Round. We’re at Chelsea so happy days. Bring it on!
Bookmarked
Pissing about aside, you will probably turn us over and go far in the competition. Would fancy us at home but think it’s about as far as we’ll go.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Brilliant.

A dodgy penalty at the DW Stadium and there’ll be now be refreshed commitment to the fucking shambles that is VAR.

In a bit Foam Moe

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:59 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:35 am Generally been a shit weekend for potential upsets. Possible one this e'en if Man U can beat the pie munchers though, could it be on the same level as the 2013 final? It's a toughie.

Thought Arsenal's failure last night just magnified what everyone thought before it that they're a nice to watch tika taka playing side that fanny about, have no decent striker, Havertz was a colossal waste of money, Saka's being run into the ground and they need someone like Keane to give a swift kick up the arse. Ironically selling Xhaka created that problem.

Difficult to see what Arsenal fans who want Lego Pep out expect. 8th, 8th 5th and 2nd. City the great sport washers have spent fuck know's how much and Liverpool are a better team. Even if Mbappe and Bellingham come in, can't see them winning the title. Likely to be vying with Villa for third place. Arsenal are are a likeable team with quality players but Lego Pep's a nobend.
Yes City are the great sport washers but that isn't going to stop them.
With KDB back they will catch Liverpool.
The rest are quite a way behind.

Re Havertz. He was a good player in Germany but has been at the wrong clubs. Never settled at Chelsea amid all the chaos and Arsenal were barking to help them out with their FFP dilemma paying that for him, and then playing him out of position.

I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
He settled enough to score the winner in the Champions League final. No chaos then mate. Mistaken as ever when it comes to Chelsea.

If he moved to Spain he would be much better. The game is too fast for him over here and he’s a million miles away from suiting Liverpool’s style of play. Werner would have been fine as he’s very similar to Nunez. Runs around a lot, gives 100% all the time, offside far too often and misses loads of chances.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Fair result but that penalty is all that is wrong with modern football.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:17 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:35 am Generally been a shit weekend for potential upsets. Possible one this e'en if Man U can beat the pie munchers though, could it be on the same level as the 2013 final? It's a toughie.

Thought Arsenal's failure last night just magnified what everyone thought before it that they're a nice to watch tika taka playing side that fanny about, have no decent striker, Havertz was a colossal waste of money, Saka's being run into the ground and they need someone like Keane to give a swift kick up the arse. Ironically selling Xhaka created that problem.

Difficult to see what Arsenal fans who want Lego Pep out expect. 8th, 8th 5th and 2nd. City the great sport washers have spent fuck know's how much and Liverpool are a better team. Even if Mbappe and Bellingham come in, can't see them winning the title. Likely to be vying with Villa for third place. Arsenal are are a likeable team with quality players but Lego Pep's a nobend.
Even you must be fed up with the long list of players who have passed through Chelsea and flourished elsewhere. I am

Re Havertz. He was a good player in Germany but has been at the wrong clubs. Never settled at Chelsea amid all the chaos and Arsenal were barking to help them out with their FFP dilemma paying that for him, and then playing him out of position.

I know there will be the usual having a go at me, but Klopp wanted Werner, Sancho and Havertz in the past but when they became free did not think they were worth the fees and wages that were being asked. I wonder , though, how they would have done under his control.
He settled enough to score the winner in the Champions League final. No chaos then mate. Mistaken as ever when it comes to Chelsea.

If he moved to Spain he would be much better. The game is too fast for him over here and he’s a million miles away from suiting Liverpool’s style of play. Werner would have been fine as he’s very similar to Nunez. Runs around a lot, gives 100% all the time, offside far too often and misses loads of chances.
Even you must have noticed the list of players who have passed through Chelsea and flourished elsewhere. Probably the best 2 players in the PL, KDB and Salah, among them.
Imagine if you had Salah there now instead of £80m Mudryk.
As for Werner, it was ( what) 2 maybe 3 years ago. No Nunez then. Liverpool had a wholly different attack approach with Firmino Mane and Salah. Werner could have fitted that, or even where Gakpo plays now.
It didn't have to be Klopp. But certainly a different club.
The PL keeps hoovering up players with the money and then not making the most of them.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:19 pm Brilliant.

A dodgy penalty at the DW Stadium and there’ll be now be refreshed commitment to the fucking shambles that is VAR.
That "penalty" was light years more dodgy that Jota's last week
Fernandes was not touched, not through on goal.
It should have been a free kick and a yellow card for the most despicable cheat in our game.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Just don’t reply to my posts. I’ve got enough on my plate without reading your grey vomit..

In a bit Foam Moe

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:34 am That "penalty" was light years more dodgy that Jota's last week.
When we didn't have VAR all the pundits wanted it.
Now we've got VAR all the pundits complain about it.
When you have games without VAR all the pundits wish that there'd been VAR.

Make your fucking minds up!

If I didn't know better I'd think that they're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

In other news, the Mighty Stones through to the 4th round, although if Jeff Stelling had his way they'd have been seeded against the likes of Liverpool in the 3rd round and been humped 7-0.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Definitely more contact there than Jota's. That's coming from a neutral. I have no bias when judging incidents between two teams v the laws of the game.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:34 am

Even you must be fed up with the long list of players who have passed through Chelsea and flourished elsewhere. I am

Even you must have noticed the list of players who have passed through Chelsea and flourished elsewhere. Probably the best 2 players in the PL, KDB and Salah, among them.
As for Werner, it was ( what) 2 maybe 3 years ago. No Nunez then. Liverpool had a wholly different attack approach with Firmino Mane and Salah. Werner could have fitted that, or even where Gakpo plays now.
The PL keeps hoovering up players with the money and then not making the most of them.
And even you must have seen that Chelsea are the second most successful club in England this century. City only went ahead last season. At the time those players were not in the first team and wanted to leave. That’s football. Mystic Meg wasn’t in the dugout at the time.You can say the same about managers as well. Should never of got rid of Jose first time around and Ancelotti for only finishing second but that’s how the club rolled. It worked.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Jonathan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:08 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:34 am

And even you must have seen that Chelsea are the second most successful club in England this century. City only went ahead last season. At the time those players were not in the first team and wanted to leave. That’s football. Mystic Meg wasn’t in the dugout at the time.You can say the same about managers as well. Should never of got rid of Jose first time around and Ancelotti for only finishing second but that’s how the club rolled. It worked.
Totally spot on.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Strange that.

You see if you really support a club, you look closely enough to see what's wrong as well as what's right. But in response to comments about the recent past at your club, you simply hark back to previous times.
I watched most of your game last night. Middlesbrough are pretty ordinary, but organised and fit. You will probably get through. But my God, what a pile of junk.
Oh and it's not just me.

Have a look at a selection of comments from Have Your Say after the game

Chris: Some of those Chelsea players need to take a look at themselves and tell me if they are happy with their performance. No creative threat in midfield and no end product from the forwards. No fight or cohesive gel in this group of players. All individuals rather than a team effort. Chelsea of old spoiled us all. Pochettino emotionless on the side.

Peter: Pathetic. Can't pass, can't score, don't compete, have no idea how to go forward - and mostly, can't defend.

Tony: Too slow in moving forward, always looking for the sideways or backwards pass. When we did break they decided to slow it down instead of pressing any advantage, allowing Middlesbrough time to get back. We lacked desire and passion. The crux of it was Middlesbrough wanted it more. Not good enough.

Mike: Another tepid performance lacking real quality. Started the game with no recognised striker or left-back. Dominated possession but created very little. Wide players were ineffective but when they got into good positions there was no-one in the box. Once again, our two most expensive recruits, Fernandez and Caicedo, failed to dominate in midfield.

Steve: Another drab performance! Apart from Palmer's wasted chances, we didn't look like scoring. Far too slow to get the ball forward. Caciedo and Disasi need to improve, and learn from Silva. Hopefully we'll have more pace in the second leg.

How do you take players like Caicedo and Fernandes and make them like that? That's £200m of footballers.

If it's you v LFC at Wembley our midfield would be 3 from £60m, £35m, £35m and free. And I would not have any doubts they would run the game.