The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by The Tick »

You'd be forgiven for thinking that there's a general election coming around the corner.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Pretty effective I'd say. As Big P has so consistently pointed out, folk don't want their kids "taught trannying"
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 am Pretty effective I'd say. As Big P has so consistently pointed out, folk don't want their kids "taught trannying"
But they aren't, sex education only starts after age nine. Below that they have relationship lessons about types of families.

birdie

Post by birdie »

No one employed by the civil service, the armed forces or any section of employment paid for by the public purse should show their political allegiance or any other support for any other cause or proclivity whilst carry out the work they are paid, by the public purse, to do.
What they choose to wear and show support for whilst not at work is up to them.

If any government or civil service department requires ID to be shown and worn by use of a lanyard that lanyard should be of one colour only.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:25 am No one employed by the civil service, the armed forces or any section of employment paid for by the public purse should show their political allegiance or any other support for any other cause or proclivity whilst carry out the work they are paid, by the public purse, to do.
What they choose to wear and show support for whilst not at work is up to them.

If any government or civil service department requires ID to be shown and worn by use of a lanyard that lanyard should be of one colour only.
Being gay isn't a political allegiance it's just what you are.
The thing that makes me laugh is all these government departments have their own branding. Using lanyards why don't they have plain ones rather than branded ones? Wouldn't that save money.
Attacking gay people is just playing identity politics, where the vast majority of people never run into it in real life. If they wanted save money they could just ban department branding, but they haven't.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Vespa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 am
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 am Pretty effective I'd say. As Big P has so consistently pointed out, folk don't want their kids "taught trannying"
But they aren't, sex education only starts after age nine. Below that they have relationship lessons about types of families.
I'm not talking about that

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:09 am
Vespa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 am
I'm not talking about that
When are they taught 'trannying'?

No longer the Bridesmaid

IN SCHOOL BY LABOUR

birdie

Post by birdie »

I didn't say being gay was a political allegiance, I said, perhaps not as eloquently as some would like which may have led to misunderstanding , that no support for any section of the public, organisation or any political view should be expressed by anyone employed by any government department or body funded by the public purse by the wearing of anything which may show that support whilst at work and certainly any accessory showing that support should not be funded or supplied by the public purse.

In short, Esther McVay is correct.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:58 am I didn't say being gay was a political allegiance, I said, perhaps not as eloquently as some would like which may have led to misunderstanding , that no support for any section of the public, organisation or any political view should be expressed by anyone employed by any government department or body funded by the public purse by the wearing of anything which may show that support whilst at work and certainly any accessory showing that support should not be funded or supplied by the public purse.

In short, Esther McVay is correct.
Esther has banned gay lanyards, being gay isn't a political agenda - but Esther thinks it is.

Here is Rishi giving a speech at a political think tank standing behind a British government podium. What's worst, someone with a lanyard or the Prime Minister giving a political speech behind a government logo in a political think tank?

They are just confused.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

We're now slowing down the courts because prisons are full. Other places use housing and geo tagging to manage prisoners, but we've endless cut the probation service so can't do that. ~70,000 criminal cases waiting for a trial.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Vespa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:42 pm We're now slowing down the courts because prisons are full. Other places use housing and geo tagging to manage prisoners, but we've endless cut the probation service so can't do that. ~70,000 criminal cases waiting for a trial.
A good time to go out and commit a crime.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Briefs press she's banning lanyards. Asked about it she denies it. She's even said they have to buy new lanyards .... for reasons.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Alistair Campbell. What an honourable man.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Potholes need filling. Rivers need cleaning. NHS needs staffing. But get the idiot British public arguing over lanyards and they'll forget about anything else.

Same old tory tricks.