The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by The Tick »

Prime Minister who married daughter of billionaire tells Brits: ‘you don’t get anything without hard work’

Over to you, people of this proud island.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Apparently 6 out of 10 people would rather be a British citizen than one of any other country.

Are they stupid or what. Embarrassed and ashamed more like, the way this country has gone down the shitter

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm Apparently 6 out of 10 people would rather be a British citizen than one of any other country.

Are they stupid or what. Embarrassed and ashamed more like, the way this country has gone down the shitter

Britain is nice.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 pm
Zambo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm Apparently 6 out of 10 people would rather be a British citizen than one of any other country.

Britain is nice.
Agreed.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sugar and spice and all things.

Can't agree with you Vespa I'm afraid. It used to be, but it sure ain't now.

Everything is going up that we don't want to go up. We could be on here all weekend, but I'll give you 50p and raise you 4% increase on crime.for starters.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

UK crime is going down in some parts https://crimerate.co.uk it's not perfect but it's not awful. IMHO the UK has a problem that it doesn't put it's people first and tries to distract people by playing up asylum seekers and not pouring shit into rivers, letting prisoners out early, under staffing the NHS, police etc.

I read an interview with the CEO of Marks & Spencer was 'concerned' that Labour may improve workers rights. It's silly, we're not then US and we don't want to be.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 pm UK crime is going down in some parts https://crimerate.co.uk it's not perfect but it's not awful. IMHO the UK has a problem that it doesn't put it's people first and tries to distract people by playing up asylum seekers and not pouring shit into rivers, letting prisoners out early, under staffing the NHS, police etc.

I read an interview with the CEO of Marks & Spencer was 'concerned' that Labour may improve workers rights. It's silly, we're not then US and we don't want to be.
I guess a lot of it is down to personal circumstances and experiences. Now, I can't speak for these people, but I would expect for example, that the one in five people living in poverty (14,5m) would not be happy with their lot in this country, or have much good to say about it.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm
Vespa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 pm UK crime is going down in some parts https://crimerate.co.uk it's not perfect but it's not awful. IMHO the UK has a problem that it doesn't put it's people first and tries to distract people by playing up asylum seekers and not pouring shit into rivers, letting prisoners out early, under staffing the NHS, police etc.

I guess a lot of it is down to personal circumstances and experiences. Now, I can't speak for these people, but I would expect for example, that the one in five people living in poverty (14,5m) would not be happy with their lot in this country, or have much good to say about it.
Indeed and endlessly calling them lazy doesn't help.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Vespa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm Indeed and endlessly calling them lazy doesn't help.
Talkforum excels at that

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Haters and all that.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Go live in sub-saharan Africa. England/Britain is one of the best places to live.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Put them in the fucking bin with all the other Smart shite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68848418

Just think how many potholes that could have been filled in if they hadn't have wasted all that money down the shitter.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Put them in the fucking bin with all the other Smart shite.

Just think how many potholes that could have been filled in if they hadn't have wasted all that money down the shitter.
Personally, they scare the shoot out of me.
I have limited experience of being driven on one, but when I did have to go up and down on the MI quite a few times I was only too glad when we got off it.
The thought of breaking down in the middle of moving traffic and not having a hard shoulder to take refuge on isn't my idea of stress free driving.

I did ask the driver what would happen if we should, heaven forbid, break down, don't worry, he said, someone will scrape us off the tarmac. :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Put them in the fucking bin with all the other Smart shite.

Anyone with half a brain could’ve predicted that Smart motorways would be a bad idea. You’d have thought the people who introduced them might have wondered why they hadn’t been done before?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Figures obtained by Panorama have revealed hundreds of incidents when crucial safety equipment was out of action.

:rolleyes: