Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by Zambo »

And that there were other influencing factors.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 am And that there were other influencing factors.
Brexit is by far the underpinning factor. That much is clear. Brexit has worsened the availability of much needed medication.

Your conjured up quotes do nothing to mitigate that.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

The Tick wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 am And that there were other influencing factors.
Brexit is by far the underpinning factor. That much is clear. Brexit has worsened the availability of much needed medication.

Your conjured up quotes do nothing to mitigate that.
Don’t you know there’s a war on?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You are right Judge, and it's much more important than trawling the internet day and night, to find stuff so you can carry on whining, because a democratic referendum vote didn't go your way.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:03 pm You are right Judge, and it's much more important than trawling the internet day and night, to find stuff so you can carry on whining, because a democratic referendum vote didn't go your way.

Posting the truth about the disaster that is brexit seems to get under the skin of people who just want to claim it as some moral validation of their bizarre ideology.

Brexit has provided no overall practical benefit to the United Kingdom. It's left the place politically unstable, economically poorer and diplomatically isolated.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The discussion, when I get involved, is solely about all of the one eyed crap you post on here about Brexit. Not only do you select biased anti-Brexit articles and sources, but even then, when there are glaring other influencing factors you deliberately omit them.

I think that deserves to be called out. Just like you think there is a point about going over the same old ground for nearly eight years.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:03 pm The discussion, when I get involved, is solely about all of the one eyed crap you post on here about Brexit. Not only do you select biased anti-Brexit articles and sources, but even then, when there are glaring other influencing factors you deliberately omit them.

I think that deserves to be called out. Just like you think there is a point about going over the same old ground for nearly eight years.

The articles I quote and link on here are truthful, fact-based and verified by established media publications/broadcasters. This country has gone to the dogs as a consequence of brexit. The fact that some people out there can't handle that is their cross to bear alone. It's because their fragile emotions cannot handle the idea that they've won a bag of shit after being promised a bag of roses, so they have to keep on pretending it's a bag of roses and anyone who points out the truth is evidently an enemy who's got it in for them.

Discussing the ongoing and upcoming disastrous consequences of brexit is a valid thing to do, as is generating a discussion about eventually reversing brexit one step at a time.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The country has gone to the dogs, not as a consequence of brexit, but because we have one if the worst government in the history of governments. They have completely fucked everything up they have touched. Comparing what these arseholes have done compared to brexit is ridiculous.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:27 pm The country has gone to the dogs, not as a consequence of brexit, but because we have one if the worst government in the history of governments. They have completely fucked everything up they have touched. Comparing what these arseholes have done compared to brexit is ridiculous.
The governments of the last 14 years in this country have been the worst of all, and the disaster that is brexit is their principal failing.

Brexit has restricted the UKs ability to trade as freely as it once did, with multiple negative consequences including the reduced ability to provide people with essential medicines on time, if at all.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I would agree that Brexit is one of the Conservatives biggest failures, how they have handled it that is. They did not decide brexit, the public did.

This Government have screwed the country and a huge percentage of the population, so let's not heap all the blame on us leaving a corrupt cesspit.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:01 pm I would agree that Brexit is one of the Conservatives biggest failures, how they have handled it that is. They did not decide brexit, the public did.

This Government have screwed the country and a huge percentage of the population, so let's not heap all the blame on because we have left a corrupt cesspit.
Brexit was always going to be disaster, regardless of how it was handled. That the Conservatives put the choice to an ill informed public purely as a means of staying in power.

Brexit was never a sound plan for this country's future. It was a deluded fantasy conjured up by charlatans and embraced by idiots. It was a triumph of blind faith over concrete planning and sound economic judgement.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

People had good reasons to be Eurosceptics, considering the elitist attitude and the lack of democratic legitimacy and transparency of the EU. Add to that the astonishing amount of bureaucracy wastfullness and corruption, it's easy to see why people agree that we are well out of it.

I think it's a little unfair to call people idiots who voted to leave the EU, and coming from someone who spends so much time whining about brexit when about 12 people read the repetitive shite is a bit rich.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm People had good reasons to be Eurosceptics, considering the elitist attitude and the lack of democratic legitimacy and transparency of the EU. Add to that the astonishing amount of bureaucracy wastfullness and corruption, it's easy to see why people agree that we are well out of it.

I think it's a little unfair to call people idiots who voted to leave the EU, and coming from someone who spends so much time whining about brexit when about 12 people read the repetitive shite is a bit rich.

The Euroscepticism was based primarily on lies and innuendo from the tabloid press and opportunist politicians. The EU wasn't the cause of the UKs ills. If anything it was the EU that kept this shithole country going.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm People had good reasons to be Eurosceptics, considering the elitist attitude and the lack of democratic legitimacy and transparency of the EU. Add to that the astonishing amount of bureaucracy wastfullness and corruption, it's easy to see why people agree that we are well out of it.

The Euroscepticism was based primarily on lies and innuendo from the tabloid press and opportunist politicians. The EU wasn't the cause of the UKs ills. If anything it was the EU that kept this shithole country going.
I bet you're still living in this shithole country though, and don't have the moral fibre to piss off, especially as it enrages you so much?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 pm
The Tick wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm

I bet you're still living in this shithole country though, and don't have the moral fibre to piss off, especially as it enrages you so much?

Better to fight to reverse the stupidity that's taken hold of it.

Brexit has ironically made pissing off elsewhere much more difficult anyway.