Premier League Success Thread 2022/3 - Part 2

Anything sportlike
Jonathan

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2022/3 - Part 2

Post by Jonathan »

chelseachelsea wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:24 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:25 pm
Zambo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:31 am Overrated full stop.
The prices , especially for midfielders, have been increased after Chelsea spent over £100m on Fernandes. Good player, but probably worth £50-60m.

Part of the push for Rice must originate in the fact that he is "home-grown" and that's important in constructing a squad.
It just had to be Chelsea's fault... :roll:
He obsessed, always has been

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Think Rice is a great player. Can’t imagine why Arsenal fans would care what the fee is, after all it’s not their money.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:02 pm Yes

Tell me do YOU think he was worth £100m plus?
Or Mudryk £80m?
Or Cucurella £60m?
Or Darwin Nunez £85m?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Jonathan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:23 pm Think Rice is a great player. Can’t imagine why Arsenal fans would care what the fee is, after all it’s not their money.
I don’t think any Arsenal does care. As long as the Club can afford it, it’s not a problem*. What is bizarre is the sudden change in narrative about Rice. A few weeks ago he was the business, joining Citeh was the only logical way forward. Now all of a sudden he’s overrated.

*well, apart from the obvious obscene amount of money.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:51 pm
Jonathan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:23 pm Think Rice is a great player. Can’t imagine why Arsenal fans would care what the fee is, after all it’s not their money.
I don’t think any Arsenal does care. As long as the Club can afford it, it’s not a problem*. What is bizarre is the sudden change in narrative about Rice. A few weeks ago he was the business, joining Citeh was the only logical way forward. Now all of a sudden he’s overrated.

It’s the nature of the beast mate, always happens.

I just hope you still have some cash left for Havertz :)

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Jonathan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:54 pm

About to be announced apparently. He’s looks made up to be joining.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

Singing The Blues wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:49 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:02 pm Yes

Tell me do YOU think he was worth £100m plus?
Or Mudryk £80m?
Or Cucurella £60m?
Or Darwin Nunez £85m?
I guarantee you JW Henry did not hand over all £85m, it'll be something like £25m as a down payment followed by installments as is probably every other player purchase financed from most other clubs. Makes the headline transfer figures look ridiculous, which they are.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:00 pm

Think it’s a good deal all round to be honest. He was not signing a new contract so we had to sell and for him he is staying in London.

He’s a quality player, you just wonder at times whether the pace of play is too much for him and then he would do something very different. He will either be your new Bergkamp or Ozil.

Edit ; deal just completed

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Jonathan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:04 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:00 pm

Think it’s a good deal all round to be honest. He was not signing a new contract so we had to sell and for him he is staying in London.

He’s a quality player, you just wonder at times whether the pace of play is too much for him and then he would do something very different. He will either be your new Bergkamp or Ozil.

Edit ; deal just completed
I can’t believe he’s only 24. He could be another Odegaard type signing.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Couldn’t think where else to put this but Edwin Van der Sar is in Intensive Care having had a bleed on the brain. Sad news. Get well soon big man.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:22 am Couldn’t think where else to put this but Edwin Van der Sar is in Intensive Care having had a bleed on the brain. Sad news. Get well soon big man.
This is so sad. 🥺 !!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Jordan Henderson :shock:
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Saints11 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:01 pm Jordan Henderson :shock:
I just watched a SSN report by Melissa Reddy on this and didn’t know which was funnier. The hipocrosy of Henderson or the amateur dramatics and language deployed by Reddy. The report was like some deranged fan fiction reading.

Henderson may have achieved a lot and fair play but he’s not looking too good right now. I can only think of him as he’s portrayed in Athletico Mince!

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

EddieCheddar wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:12 am
I just watched a SSN report by Melissa Reddy on this and didn’t know which was funnier. The hipocrosy of Henderson or the amateur dramatics and language deployed by Reddy. The report was like some deranged fan fiction reading.

Henderson may have achieved a lot and fair play but he’s not looking too good right now. I can only think of him as he’s portrayed in Athletico Mince!
Worth pointing out that Reddy is a massive LFC fan so maybe that accentuated her "performance".

I'm looking forward to watching Onana in goal for Manchester United. He could be great or the next Rene Higuita (minus the drug cartels and kidnapping obvs). Maybe he'll try a new version of a scorpion kick. Either way, he'll probably be better at saving penalties than DDG.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

black_guardian wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:21 pm
EddieCheddar wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:12 am

Worth pointing out that Reddy is a massive LFC fan so maybe that accentuated her "performance".

I'm looking forward to watching Onana in goal for Manchester United. He could be great or the next Rene Higuita (minus the drug cartels and kidnapping obvs). Maybe he'll try a new version of a scorpion kick. Either way, he'll probably be better at saving penalties than DDG.
De Gea has faced 35 penalties in the Premier League and saved five - a 14% hit rate. That compares to peers such as Hugo Lloris (13%), Ederson (14%) and Alisson (15%).